FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Tattoo
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Tattoo
BigRed

Posted: 2003-10-30 12:26 pm   Permalink

I have finally decided to get a tiki tattoo. Though when I go to try and get some bases for my design, I find that there are like 2 tiki tattoos out on the web. I am trying to find resources online to get designs. I am looking for more modern tikis. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. My e-mail is chugchug@bellsouth.net

View Profile of BigRed Send a personal message to BigRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 12:31 pm   Permalink

Hey, BR, just use the "search" button on the top right side of this page and enter "tattoo" and watch the results fly.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:09 pm   Permalink

I encourage you to bring a tiki that you love to the tattoo artist and have him sketch something from that. That's what I did - I brought a coco joe's lono tiki in and he sketched it out. It took 3 times but he eventually got enough detail that I'm happy with it. It's on my forearm.

Take the advice though and search for it on this board. I posted my picture there.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kiliki you read my mind I was going to say the same thing. Not only that but as I was thinking about it I had an image of your Tat flash in my mind. I only saw it for a split second in the hotel lobby at Hukilua but it looked sweet!

Hows about you give us a peek and post it for BigRed and myself.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fishhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

View Profile of fishhead Send a personal message to fishhead  Email fishhead Goto the website of fishhead     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fishhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:31 pm   Permalink

most tattoo artist's are indeed artist's i have designed my own work [not tiki] fish of course.I would have a custom image and have the tattoo artist tear it in half when complete its nice to have one of a kind.My 2cents.matt

View Profile of fishhead Send a personal message to fishhead  Email fishhead Goto the website of fishhead     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:41 pm   Permalink

I was actually at a party once where two people had the same tattoo, its not like it's clothing that you can change. How bad does that suck?

Definitely make it a one of a kind!

Even worst than that is people who have tattoo's and have no idea what it means.
I recently met someone with an Om symbol on her shoulder and she thought it had something to do with kung-fu

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-10-30 13:47 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fishhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-30 2:09 pm   Permalink

very crappy!When I turned 21 [sigh] i got a piece of flash of a eagle with a snake in its claw i think its like latin pride or somthing like that ,well i kept it for a few years and covered it with a tribal shark with fish hooks that I drew.That was imbarassing to saw the least.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 01:51 am   Permalink

I already have a Moai tattoo and I was looking to get Tiki'd on the other arm. I was given the tip of looking at some of the past Tiki News and Grog Log/Intoxica for some good drawings of various tiki. And there are plenty.

Re: not knowing what your tattoo means. I read in the news paper here that someone got a Chinese symbol tattoo on there arm thinking it meant wealth or something. When the guy went to a party and showed his new tattoo off a group of Chinese girls laughed at him. The tattoo artist who did the tatoo was fed up working in the studio and on his last day did this tattoo. It actually meant....UGLY KID

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 02:21 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: SES on 2004-01-02 03:02 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 4:31 pm   Permalink

red,

If you want, check out the "Concert Poster" design at
http://www.nicefishy.com . The Tiki Conga Drums would make and awesome tattoo. But what do I know, I got a mermaid on my leg.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 5:42 pm   Permalink

Sorry, I haven't checked in for a couple of days. Here's a pic of my tatt. I am thinking of adding some flames around it, what do you think?

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-31 6:08 pm   Permalink

That's a cool piece Tiki K. Flames or no flames? That's a tough question. I prefer all black ink myself, but hot rod flames would be nice behind him.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-01 12:50 pm   Permalink

Cool tat! I would add some tiki torches coming out abit from the sides and have the flames red.

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-01 1:03 pm   Permalink

I hate to say it, because I usually prefer black tats, but yours screams for some color. Keep it restrained of course, but some brown or yellow ochre hi-lights would make it pop.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation