FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Tattoo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Tattoo
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-01 2:26 pm   Permalink

Don't you dare touch it baby, I love that tattoo! Please I beg you not to add flames, I'm so tired of flames. Well that is of course if it's not with an eagle and a snake.
Thanks for posting the tat, I couldn't quite remember it but knew it was cool.
Kiliki do you still have the same email?
Drop me a line.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 12:24 am   Permalink

Jaksin ought to weigh in on this...he's an expert tattoo artist.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-01 12:50, divychic wrote:
Cool tat! I would add some tiki torches coming out abit from the sides and have the flames red.

I agree! I'd like to see some color too. But torches would add just the right touch.
If I had bigger arms, I do it myself...but I'm a wuss!!

By the way, what the hell ever happened to Hoffa in Columbus?!

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 09:46 am   Permalink

Basemnent Kahuna thanks for the compliments but im not an expert as a tattoo artist/ collector ,Im still at, and forever will be at the aritist/ student level (you never ever stop learning) but I'll try and help out here. Kiliki, you can always do the flames in black and grey.(like that ev erybody om TC is happy) but yeah I think adding flames would go really nice with da tiki fer sure.as for the original topic just remember with tattoos the smaller its gonna be, the less little lines you want in it.cause in the future it will only look very messy and undistinguishable. wow! (long werd).remember some artists will scratch anything on you for the sake of makin' $$.and always make sure you are getting quality work from a clean shop. ask to see their autoclaves and ask about their strilization process.if an artist makes you feel uncomfortable because you dont have tattoos all over, or for some other dumbshit reason. leave!! there are plenty of us nice artists who will sit down and shoot ideas back and forth w/ you till something that works comes up. oh and really an eagle and a snake has nothing to do with "latin pride" it's an ageless classic traditional tattoo design that has and will be around forever .besides american traditional tattoos are da shit, and can hold up for a couple a months after yer dead. good luck...kreepy tiki jaksin

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 10:51 am   Permalink

In Japan they have art galleries and museums to display irezumi. They would make a down payment on the skin and collect it when the person died.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiangi

Posted: 2003-11-12 5:54 pm   Permalink

That is a sweet ass tiki. If it was mine, I'd hilite with bright yellow and have it standing in a giant fire ball using red, orange, and yellow. Fire is cool. You could even sneak in some demon faces looking out of the flames for extra impact.

View Profile of tikiangi Send a personal message to tikiangi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 3:17 pm   Permalink

It's been suggested to me to get a tatt on my other forearm as a mate. Don't know if I'll do that but another is certainly on the way!! Probably a hula girl on my upper arm.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:34 pm   Permalink

Tapa?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 11:22 pm   Permalink

It's all about ballance. If you get one on one arm, you got to get another on the other arm. If you get one on one leg, you got to get another on the other leg. Got to keep even!

Just my 2 tattos worth. (actually 12. Well hidden and planned that way for my future "real job". This was my thought back in the early 80's. If I knew I'd be a starving artist for my "real job", placement would have been different )

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 02:07 am   Permalink

For my 2 cents worth....Keep the tattoo black, it suits the Tiki style. Definately agree on the balance 'thing'. I've one arm with a tat, now I NEED to get the other arm done to even it up. Tiki-Kiliki, your hawaiian woman sounds cool or you could try a Moai?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-15 5:02 pm   Permalink

Actually, in much of traditional Polynesian tattooing, an asymmetrical pattern was used. This was particularly true with Hawaiian tattoos. Often, only one side of the upper body was tattooed and the opposite side of the lower body was tattooed.

But damn if they aren't addicting once you get one! Mine are all traditional black ink.

View Profile of Kava Dan Send a personal message to Kava Dan  Email Kava Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:54 am   Permalink

Thought I'd share my Moai tattoo with you.

Now I want to get the top of my other arm tattooed with tikis in a similar style (bold blacklines and shading). Although I am not sure whether to have one large tiki, or have 4 or 5 tikis (similiar to my Moai design). I have searched and found a few pictures that I can show to my tattooist for him to draw up but nothing fantastic yet.
If anyone of you artists care to submit some sketches to me that I can draw inspiration from, it would be really appreciated.

Mahalo and rockin regards

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-02-10 13:37 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 6:59 pm   Permalink

nice black and grey, clean lines, nice shading.
very cool Kon

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 05:59 am   Permalink

Well i finally got my other arm tattooed and I'm really pleased with it. Compliments the Moai on my other arm. here it is:

and my Moai

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-06-13 06:00 ]

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:
I hate to say it, because I usually prefer black tats, but yours screams for some color. Keep it restrained of course, but some brown or yellow ochre hi-lights would make it pop.

Tiki-Kiliki, Please disregard this, as if you already haven't. The photo doesn't do it justice. It looks awesome in real life.

Kon, It's obvious you used the same artist. The new one looks way cool.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation