FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events F-Least coast Nov. 8th/Intro to Hawaiian Inn
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
F-Least coast Nov. 8th/Intro to Hawaiian Inn
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 6:11 pm   Permalink

That's probably the Wakulla Suites. We might check it out. They were still in construction the last time we stopped by and it was a mess, but that was before the Hukilua.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 7:10 pm   Permalink

If you stop in before the party you can let me know what it's like. I'm pretty sure me and the wife will be going now. Do you know if there is going to be any tiki related stuff?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 7:55 pm   Permalink

yup thats the hotel. they were expanding the place, not sure if they are done yet.. its like a rennovated 60's era hotel. It does look pretty nice on the outside, I've never been on the inside.

The only hotel I've stayed at in the general area is the beachside Hilton in Indian Harbour/satellite beach. It's not modernist or polynesian, but its clean, dependable and all rooms have an ocean view. Price isnt too bad either, especially compared to cocoa beach most likely.

South Melbourne Beach, where I live, has alot of small little places that are pretty cool-they are all on the ocean and are quaint.. some are older, some are newly rennovated. Once you get north of the 192 on the A1A it starts getting more developed and urban. Thats where the A1A goes from 2 to 4 lanes, etc.

There are probably some pretty cool hotels in Cocoa Beach, but I'm not overly familiar with the details of the area. I've seen some neat architecture though.

Flounder- when did you move down here? Gimmee the details- howd you pick the area, etc.. I'm just curious because I'm relatively new- about 3.5 years here now.

Surfing here is a blast, you really should try it

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 8:26 pm   Permalink

Fatuhiva, Originally from northeast Ohio. I graduated art school in 1990 and moved to Orlando in the hopes of working for Disney and becoming a beachbum surfer like characters in all the spring break movies. I guess I didn't realize Orlando is an hour from the beach. Did some freelance work for Disney, didn't enjoy it. Started illustrating kids text books and been doing so for the past ten years.
Chapter 2
Got married on Friday the 13th 2000 under a full moon on the beach with bubble gum machine rings. Our vows were doctor suess rythms. Me and the wife moved back to my home town in Ohio. Why I will never understand. Lived there for year and a half. My wife says go back to Florida and buy us a house but not in Orlando, due to over crowding mostly by people from Ohio. Cocoa is close to the beach and only about thirty five minutes from downtown Orlando. Where all of our friends are. Went to a realtor. Picked out a house in just five hours so that I could go fishing. Caught nothing. Here I am and probably moving back to Orlando in the next year. Very tired, been painting since 6:00 am so if this doesn't make s

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-11-03 20:29 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 01:37 am   Permalink

ahh

you should check out indian harbour beach (inexpensive/close to beach) and the south melbourne beaches (more expensive, but nice/ secluded beaches) before you lock into orlando.. but then again if all your friends are in orlando..

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 06:40 am   Permalink

Pablus, whats the topic title mean?

www.flounderart.com

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 06:53 am   Permalink

Oh, I understand now. New thread.

www.flounderart.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 11:06 am   Permalink

Pablus,
Since you changed the name of the thread, I'll try to get back to the original topic.

My Wahine tells me December is pretty much out of the question for us because we have two office parties on two different weekends, a previously-scheduled trip to see friends in Miami on the 13th (although on Friday the 12th, we'll probably swing into the Mai-Kai before continuing south), and that x-mas thing.

Anyway, it would be better for us to do something in January, except the weekend of the 27th when I'll be in Tampa for a conference.

TheJab & Swanky: If you plan to come down after the first of the year, maybe you can agree on a date that's good. I gotta meet the Jab-ster and my interaction with Swanky has always been while he was deep into the details of Hukilau.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-11-04 11:10 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 11:31 am   Permalink

I think January would probably be a better month as well. December is always busy for everyone. I'm going rock climbing up north sometime in the first two weeks of December. I could probably change it though if I get enough notice. What ever you all want to do is cool with me.
I can taste the Zombies already! Oh I'm drinking one!

www.flounderart.com

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

I found this web site good for finding clean older motels in Florida. Many have kitchenettes, weekly rates, and some are right on the beach.

http://www.superiorsmalllodging.com/search/florida.php

I wouldn't be able to do it in December. January through March is best for me (except New Years).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-10 6:15 pm   Permalink

Just found this thread. Nice to see some FLA solidarity!

If anybody's compiled an emailing list of FLA tiki folk for this gathering, please add me to it.

January is much more doable for me and mine as well.

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 3:14 pm   Permalink

Hey Mark,
No real e-mail list, but do plan on making it if you can. Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6117&forum=4&start=15&24

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation