FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events House of TIKI Nov.7th, 8th, 9th HUGE SALE
House of TIKI Nov.7th, 8th, 9th HUGE SALE
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 07:47 am   Permalink

You don't want to miss this "EVENT".
The two year House of TIKI Anniversary.
This shipment blows the last ones away.
Mega furniture
--bedroom sets
--dining sets
--sofa tables
--TIKI bars, some with fossil tops
A SHIT load of TIKIS this time!
I couldn't even count that high!
Hand painted art that will drop you to your knees. (make sure Bong is not behind you)
Poly/Ha-why/iki accessories O-plenty
(nice word)
Saturday afternoon until closing
Live music and yummy grinds
Or come on down all 3 days. YES indeed
I did say 3 days
The 7th, 8th, 9th, 9AM until 6PM
"Please" You TIKI freaks no early birds
The "EVENT" of the year will be at
House of TIKI located at

1-8-6-0 Newport Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA

And please remember 1 month from the sale is Baxdog's birthday so
BUY BIG
BUY OFTEN
Print this and bring it in for an additional 10% off any one item until X-mas 2003
And don't foreget to tell them you read about this on TIKI Central
SEE YOU THERE

Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 10:26 pm   Permalink

Live music?

Who's the band?? (beer commercial) I'm there with my kids!! Yee-haw!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 11:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

thebaxdog wrote:
You don't want to miss this "EVENT".
...A SHIT load of TIKIS this time!..

I always forget...is a shitload more or less than a truckload?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-01 09:29 am   Permalink

A shit load is more than you can fit in a regular pick up truck.
But not as many as you can fit in a semi-truck (that would be a fa king shit load)
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 10:11 am   Permalink

Thanks for the promo Bax! (check's in the mail) Yeah, I'm pretty stoked on this shipment of stuff from the P.I. They really nailed it this time. My trip over there was a good one, even better than the last. Lotsa cool goodies that you won't see anywhere else. So if you get a chance, come on down and hang out. (Don't feel like you gotta buy something!) Sat the 8th we have Hawaiian grinds and Chief Tama doing his thing in the afternoon around 1:00 or 2:00. SHAKA!

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 11:05 pm   Permalink

Wes, I'll stop by in the afternoon fo sho'. I still want to place that order we spoke about a couple of weeks ago.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-03 11:38 pm   Permalink

shakatiki,
I just heard a gnarly story of the origin of the shaka, or hang loose, have you heard? Well, let me tell: Roland "Ahi" Logan, now in his 70's, used to steel sugar cane from passing trains, as a kid, and his grand uncle Hamana Kalili would warn "Ahi" and his friends about the dangers of messing around the train. Hamana Kalili worked in a Sugar Mil and got his middle 3 fingers stumped by machinery, so he would hold up his hand showing his missing fingers. Ahi and friends would go around, imitating his uncle by giving the "shaka" originally meaning "watch out". It can be verified at the Honolulu city hall.
p.s. when I met C' Al, he thought I was related to you, we must have similar mugs.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-03 11:39 pm   Permalink

hate when i do dat

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony on 2003-11-03 23:40 ]

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 03:40 am   Permalink

I'm-a-goina try to swing by on Saturday, late afternoon, on my way to RanchoSantaMargarita. And maybe get some HiTimes action also.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-03 23:38, tikitony wrote:
shakatiki,

p.s. when I met C' Al, he thought I was related to you, we must have similar mugs.

I can see that.

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2003-11-05 09:26 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-05 11:36 pm   Permalink

whoa, purple jade, can you tell me what I'm wearing right now too? Okay, what am I doing right now? I'm gonna find that hidden camera.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 01:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-05 23:36, tikitony wrote:
whoa, purple jade, can you tell me what I'm wearing right now too? Okay, what am I doing right now? I'm gonna find that hidden camera.

Why yes I can tell you what you're wearing now...why do you think I called you "li'l pink princess"? Damn you look cute in that tiara.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 4:49 pm   Permalink

The Mrs. and I just got back from the sale. Tons of great stuff. We picked up some smaller tikis a tiki mask. The large 2-toned tikis are awesome. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for any of them or the excellent furniture. If you didn't make it down today, treat yourself and go tomorrow.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-10 1:50 pm   Permalink

We had a great time. Got to meet Wes, watch a little hula, hear a little music, and buy a couple things.
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation