FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Free double CD album modern exotica music
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Free double CD album modern exotica music
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 09:24 am   Permalink

Here’s the url for the netaudio release of two CDs full of modern exotica/influenced music, all created by members of the exotica mailing list. It’s free, with great downloadable artwork by Moritz R. as well.

KK

http://www.comfortstand.com/catalog/001/

http://www.kawentzmann.de

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 11:36 am   Permalink

This is excellent!
Thanks for posting.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kauno
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-03 1:27 pm   Permalink

I like it! Ahhh... Exotica take me away.

Thanks,
-Kauno

View Profile of kauno Send a personal message to kauno  Goto the website of kauno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 2:16 pm   Permalink

That is great stuff. Thanks for the posting, it is much appreciated. Aloha!

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 2:31 pm   Permalink

Very good selection of exotica. I like the thoroughness of the CD labels and cover art too!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 2:49 pm   Permalink

Yours sounds like if Richard Roundtree had played Kelly Robinson (I Spy).

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 7:04 pm   Permalink

Sweet!!! Very generous of you to post. Mahalo!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 7:14 pm   Permalink

I'm downloading now. I can't wait! Thanks again!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 9:28 pm   Permalink

WOW! These are just fantastic!
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!
Will sign the guestbook after I listen to them all.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 10:16 pm   Permalink

Luv'n it! Thanks so much!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
superTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-04 11:01 am   Permalink

Thank you very much for your work. Thank your providers too. It's very grnerous of you. I'm d-loading now...
Aloha

View Profile of superTiki Send a personal message to superTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 12:46 pm   Permalink

A word about the cover art: A classic from Moritz R's early Tiki period, the original was first exhibited at the Cacao Tiki Coffee shop in Santa Monica, and is now owned by Dug Miller. It is entitled "The New Guy at the Tiki Bar" and shows a young, yet UNCARVED log sitting at the bar, surrounded by the rowdy and bawdy goings-on that are the hallmark of every true Tiki bar (n'est pas?).
Moritz is also the lead man with "Der Plan", who were once called "The Residents" of the German New Wave.
He is off course also the cover artist of The Book of Tiki, and the second Don Tiki album.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 11:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-04 12:46, bigbrotiki wrote: It is entitled "The New Guy at the Tiki Bar" and shows a young, yet UNCARVED log sitting at the bar, surrounded by the rowdy and bawdy goings-on that are the hallmark of every true Tiki bar (n'est pas?).

How did I miss the fact that he was an uncarved log? That's hilarious!!

Finally getting to download this now that broadband has arrived at the TW household. This sort of free download/great artwork setup is the ideal way to introduce people to some great tunes.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 08:14 am   Permalink

Help!! I'm trying to download this, but it says, "the page cannot be found".

Is this just temporary, or is it no longer availiable?

Damn, I really wanted this one!

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2004-06-04 08:16 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 12:34 pm   Permalink

I was able to download the first volume, but had to come back for the second. When I came back, I got the same message as FinkDaddy. Even the cover art will not come up.

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation