FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Orgeat syrup???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Orgeat syrup???
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 10:18 pm   Permalink

Blasphemy! I really don't think orgeat syrup is so pricey that it is something to skimp on....! Besides, orgeat has more flavor components than almond syrup.... citrus, vanilla, almond.....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-04 05:17, Klas wrote:
Monin syrups only uses natural ingridients and can be bought online at the Monin Store. I personally use their Orgeat and Passionfruit syrups and I'm very pleased. Note that their syrups are highly concentrated so the drink recipes might need to be adjusted a little bit (for example I'm using 1/3 ounce Monin Orgeat instead of the original 1/2 ounce in a Bali Hai Mai Tai).

I agree with using less of Monin's Orgeat than what's called for in the recipe. However, I think the passion fruit syrup needs to be in the same quantity as the recipe. I just stocked up on bar supplies and got 3 bottles of the passion fruit syrup, 1 orgeat. I also got 1 Trader Vic's orgeat for comparisson.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 12:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

The Bali Hai version is also very handy if you don't have any fresh lime at home

Who doesn't have Fresh Lime Juice? People who are Too Lazy to Sqeeze Limes? Oh, yeah... I'm gonna take advice on recipes from Them!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rattiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 12:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-05 22:18, Traderpup wrote:
Blasphemy! I really don't think orgeat syrup is so pricey that it is something to skimp on....! Besides, orgeat has more flavor components than almond syrup.... citrus, vanilla, almond.....

Well now you all have me intreged about this product, I'll have to acquire some to check it out.

View Profile of Rattiki Send a personal message to Rattiki  Email Rattiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 09:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-08 00:38, Traitor Vic wrote:
Who doesn't have Fresh Lime Juice? People who are Too Lazy to Sqeeze Limes? Oh, yeah... I'm gonna take advice on recipes from Them!

What are you talking about!?

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 10:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-08 00:38, Traitor Vic wrote:
Quote:

The Bali Hai version is also very handy if you don't have any fresh lime at home

And those who can't easily find limes in their area! Too lazy to move to SoCal/Fla! For Shame!

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance on 2003-11-08 10:49 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 1:30 pm   Permalink

Today I found Orzata syrup at our local Italian specialty store. It's basically the same thing as Orgeat, and it was only $3.49 for a big bottle. So if you are in the northeast and are having a hard time finding Orgeat, most of us have access to Italian markets. Check 'em out.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-26 8:15 pm   Permalink

I've been using that Orzata stuff now for over a year. It is a good value and easy to find in Italian Grocery's...Not that I added anything new to the Suffering Bastard's post, except to say that I'm in the North West part of the continent...

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2005-11-26 20:16 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation