FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attn: Dallas Tikiphiles!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Attn: Dallas Tikiphiles!!
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 7:29 pm   Permalink

Well......
In case anyone planned on showing up on the 5th I have to back out again. My wife has to go back to Seattle AGAIN and will be flying back that night. Doesn't look like we can make this happen before the end of the year. I WILL, however, be at Coconuts tomorrow night (the 28th) just fyi.

I have to go sleep off this turkey now.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-29 10:39 pm   Permalink

hey that's ok... i had to reschedual my camper pick up the following day (weather permitting)

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sassattack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-03 2:50 pm   Permalink

I do not live in the Big D, but I often visit. Has anyone been to Ollie & Lei's Luau? http://www.guidelive.com/profile/357655

View Profile of Sassattack Send a personal message to Sassattack  Email Sassattack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 9:20 pm   Permalink

I've never even heard of this place...I'm thinking they must be fairly new. They're located at Mockingbird Station where there are a bunch of shops and restaurants. I was there last Friday after I left Coconuts and must have totally missed this place. Definitely worth checking out.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suelo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-20 10:14 am   Permalink

hello again! Seems that this season isn't good for anyone to do anything! Sorry I fell of the planet for a while, but I am a visual manager at a retail company and you know...tis the season! So maybe we just re-plan a shindig for the beginning of the year after all the holidaze are over??? I know I have multiple tiki's under my tree, yipeeeeee!!! Happy Holidays to all!
If you don't already own it, you should all run out and get Esquivel's holiday CD (or anything Esquivel for that matter)...its the ultimate for your space aged bachelor pad!

View Profile of suelo Send a personal message to suelo  Goto the website of suelo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-21 10:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-20 10:14, suelo wrote:
So maybe we just re-plan a shindig for the beginning of the year after all the holidaze are over???

aloha tiki lovers!
that sounds good to me! i agree that a little get together after the holidays is in order. it'd be nice to meet local tikiphiles.

diesel tiki

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-21 5:40 pm   Permalink

Count me in!

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 2:23 pm   Permalink

I may have to strap on my bullet-proff vest if we goto lower greenville.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suelo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

As long as we stick together and ALL wear bullet-proof vests and carry mace, we should be fine on lower greenville!!! Merry Christmas to all!

View Profile of suelo Send a personal message to suelo  Goto the website of suelo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-28 8:37 pm   Permalink

there seemed to be interest earlier in the year according to the archives. wha happened to all those intersted tiki lovers?!?
now is the time, this is the place...to begin the surge of tikiphilia...so it may spread to all those uptight, not-right lost souls!!..let them bathe in the beautiful glare of the enlightenment of the...TIKI!!!!!
those tiki-texans arise and gather round to share stories,laughs,this and that,that and this and drinks and more drinks and whatever...
aloha

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-28 9:01 pm   Permalink

there seemed to be interest earlier in the year according to the archives. wha happened to all those intersted tiki lovers?!?
now is the time, this is the place...to begin the surge of tikiphilia...so it may spread to all those uptight, not-right lost souls!!..let them bathe in the beautiful glare of the enlightenment of the...TIKI!!!!!
those tiki-texans arise and gather round to share stories,laughs,this and that,that and this and drinks and more drinks and whatever...
aloha

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:
wha happened to all those intersted tiki lovers?!?

Count me in! I think December was a bad month for everybody in that people are usually pretty busy. When people are ready for a get together I will most definitely participate. Friday nights work best for me but I can be flexible.

Sassattack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-29 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-03 21:20, Juno wrote:
I've never even heard of this place...I'm thinking they must be fairly new. They're located at Mockingbird Station where there are a bunch of shops and restaurants. I was there last Friday after I left Coconuts and must have totally missed this place. Definitely worth checking out.

Well, sadly another psuedo-tiki bar has kicked the tiki...
I was in the Big D last week and tried to visit Ollie and Lei's, but some bar called "Spike" (or something like that) has taken over the space. I was just a little too late because it had just closed two days before my attempt. Ah well...

In a related note, I tried to visit the former site of the Trader Vic's across the street in the old Mockingbird Hilton (now the Santa Fe Hotel) and the arshole behind the front desk wouldn't let us in. However, we could see in through the windows and it looks pretty tiki-philic. It isn't normally open but you can apparently rent it for events.
Not a big fan of Dallas, but for that I am jealous! Seattle just tears down old tiki bars for condos and builds new ones for the new yups moving in...

View Profile of Sassattack Send a personal message to Sassattack  Email Sassattack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I was just a little too late because it had just closed two days before my attempt.

Damn!! I never did get there to check it out. Oh well, I guess there's still Coconuts (with their 10 tiki's behind the bar but no tiki drinks).

hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

I'm interested. By the way, Ollie and Lei's was a complete ripoff. No tikis, No mugs, just some Shag pictures blown up and badly painted on the wall (without permission from Shag) and cheap Chinese paper lanterns. Good riddance. The Trader Vic's location is COMPLETELY intact except for the old twelve foot tall Tiki that was yanked out of the ground in the middle of the night by a fan. Everyone coveted that statue but the owners would never sell. Finally, someone stole it, then negotiated the price for not returning it. I wish I had thought of that. The inside is PERFECT.
My circle of friends have discussed renting Trader Vic's again.

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation