FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attn: Dallas Tikiphiles!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Attn: Dallas Tikiphiles!!
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-30 08:22 am   Permalink

How big is the former Trader Vics-Dallas space anyway? How many Tikiheads could fit in there?

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-31 5:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

twelve foot tall Tiki that was yanked out of the ground in the middle of the night by a fan.

My circle of friends have discussed renting Trader Vic's again.

um that was me i admit it.

and count me in on the Trader Vics. man if i had the cash...Trader John's kinda has a nice ring.... but if it was rented out i'd pay to come in.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-03 09:02 am   Permalink

Trader Vic's will hold several hundred. There are several rooms and a large dance? floor in the middle. At "Night of the Tiki", Myriah came to town to Hula and there was a Hawaiian fashion show and fire eating demonstration. My friend Jason charged a cover that covered the cost of the room. I'll ask him the rental fee and let you know.
Any pictures of the Tiki in his new home? I miss him.

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 5:22 pm   Permalink

Ok so when and where are the Dallas area tikiheads gonna get together? My schedule is open now until March.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 7:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

My friend Jason charged a cover that covered the cost of the room...

Jason Cohen?

If so he's a brother in the IOOF lodge with me. Unfortunatley I missed the "Night of the Tiki", hopefully NOTT #2 will ever happen.

Juno: Set a date and i'll see, my band is starting to get gigs lined up.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-05 08:38 am   Permalink

He's the one. Ask him about it some Monday.

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-05 09:40 am   Permalink

If so he's a brother in the IOOF lodge with me. Unfortunatley I missed the "Night of the Tiki", hopefully NOTT #2 will ever happen.

Yo Unkle John, what exactly is the IOOF?
I'm available Fri,Sat,Sun for a get together.
Would The Lodge be considered tiki?

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 12:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Would The Lodge be considered tiki?

I suppose it would if they have a "Hula Night."

How about Friday, Jan. 30th? Coconuts?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 1:11 pm   Permalink

IOOF = Independant Order of Odd Fellows.
Waxahachie Lodge #80

www.ioof.org

Haz: you a member?

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-29 10:33, Sassattack wrote:
However, we could see in through the windows and it looks pretty tiki-philic.

Or, Tiki-phallic.

But that's redundant.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 4:11 pm   Permalink

"Generation Ecch", THAT Jason Cohen?

Cheez, we go way back too! This little world is too small.

Do count me in for a Dallas thing. Jan. 30 is Superbowl weekend, and getting out of Football Hell Town might be just what the doctor ordered - IF I can get out of town!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suelo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-05 9:27 pm   Permalink

The old Trader Vics IS intact. We were lucky enough to be let in, and took a ton of pictures! Renting it out? That's a cool $2500 a night ($500 is a deposit). That includes waiters and bartenders, NOT your food & booze. They said it was MUCH cooler in years past before everything started getting ripped-off...hence the $500 deposit.

View Profile of suelo Send a personal message to suelo  Goto the website of suelo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 10:16 pm   Permalink

I talked to Jason tonight about the old Trader Vics.
he said he's in real good with the owner, so if he ever wants to rent it out he's the man with the plan. BUT it's pretty exspensive. He seemed interested in joining us (possibly) for drinks at coconuts one night, it depends if he has to watch the kiddo or not. And yes the same Jason Cohen of "Generation Ecchs", He was running Forbidden Books and the Forbidden Art gallery, plus a Jack-a-lopes lodge, but sold or closed them down. Didn't really ask about Why the books tore, but after Sept. 11th the art community was hit hard.

but we'll see about Trader Vics, hopefully the person that is in charge of it will eventually open it up.

hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-06 09:40 am   Permalink

FYI:
I'm not amember of IOOF but have been described as odd.
Jason sold the bookstore to finance the art gallery. He's the one who talked me into buying the first Shag painting (The Suffering Bastard) in Dallas. My wife threatened to divorce me over the price at the time but when I showed her some recent Ebay prices, she .
Is that a $500 deposit for all you can carry?

diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-06 09:44 am   Permalink

Aloha and count me in! What time @ Coconuts?
mahalo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation