Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki my new friend's kon tiki inspired clothing
my new friend's kon tiki inspired clothing
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-03 8:23 pm   Permalink

I know how everybody hates the spam, except when its rolled in seaweed and smashed between rice, but I finally found a tiki t-shirt that's not lame. I met Marcus, the guy who started "adrift" at a surfing trade show. He got inspired by Thor when he re-read the Kon Tiki voyage. He told me it brought up great images of his childhood, when he originally read the book. So, he started looking for tiki. He wanted some moai lights, and after finding out from Leroy (OA) that the mold for the lights had been broken, it then became a quest for Marcus to find them. He was then hooked on tiki, not knowing of the others out there, (the dude, hardly checks his email, I'm surprised he has a web site) So, he found images from Oceanic Art books, and decided to start making surf related shirts and things. He lives in Santa Monica now, and has a small office in Ventura, where I met him. Here's a sample of his designs for the guys and the girlys

I thought I'd throw in a picture of his rather attractive wahine as well!

Oh yeah, and here's the website:
www.adriftclothing.com

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 11:32 am   Permalink

Cool stuff! Thanks for the info TikiTony.

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation