FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Halloween Tiki Costume
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Halloween Tiki Costume
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-17 11:10 pm   Permalink

Way into stratospheric level cool!

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTosh

Posted: 2010-09-20 9:24 pm   Permalink

last year as a blue hawaiian

View Profile of TikiTosh Send a personal message to TikiTosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrTikiKeyWest

Posted: 2013-01-07 09:38 am   Permalink

Congratulations! That is a truly EPIC tiki costume! Wow, I thought I had problems with overhead clearance. Great construction method also. I can appreciate all the effort you put in. You should come down here to Key West for one of our festivals! It's all worth the effort when you make hundreds of people smile.

I've enclosed a photo of one of my alter-ego's named "Doctor Tiki". He's the southernmost Tiki doctor in the continential United States, as he resides in Key West. Dr. Tiki has been prescribing hangover cures for tourist for two years now. ("You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up...")

My construction took about 40 hours and is carved out of styrofoam. 40 rings of 1" thick styrofoam were laminated into a blank, then carved with razor knife and hot knife. If you do this, be sure to use water-based spray paint or your creation will melt!

Best regards,

DT

View Profile of DrTikiKeyWest Send a personal message to DrTikiKeyWest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation