FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 9:50 pm   Permalink

I strolled into the joint looking for a bum named Flounder. I couldn't help but notice the Witco and the Hawaiian look of the place - very swank. I had a smoke lit that some vintage dame asked me to ace... and I had a powerful thirst for something my goilfriend called "Mai Tai."
I wasn't sure what the evening would bring - but I was sure that before the sunrise - I'd have a lot of answers to questions no one was asking.
--------------------------------------------
The date - 1-17-04
Please post so that we can get a fairly accurate count for the chiefs at Hawaiian Inn:

Will you be spending the night?
Will you be having dinner?
Cocktail umbrella or no?

Hawaiian Inn? East Coast Tour? Tiki's by the score? Machetes? Eating one of TikiMon's Tiki's? Flounder and I trying to "out-Ohio" one another? fatuhiva's Lagoon? Learning to surf? Eating PuPu? Geoff in a grass skirt?

I think the charter requires that a Californian be present at all TIki related events.

One of you will have to sacrifice... I mean uhhhh... plan to attend!

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2003-11-06 08:09 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 06:50 am   Permalink

Pablus, thats some funny shit brah!
The second week in December sounds good to me. Maybe we need some kind of form with all the different dates so that everybody can write next to it
"No, Probable, or Yes to figure out the best date. Does that seem stupid?
Example:
Name:Flounder
Dec.6 No
Dec.13Yes
Dec.20No
I dont know just trying to make it so as many people can go as posible.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 12:20 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
Since you changed the name of the thread, I'll try to get back to the original topic.

My Wahine tells me December is pretty much out of the question for us because we have two office parties on two different weekends, a previously-scheduled trip to see friends in Miami on the 13th (although on Friday the 12th, we'll probably swing into the Mai-Kai before continuing south), and that x-mas thing.

Anyway, it would be better for us to do something in January, except the weekend of the 24th when I'll be in Tampa for a conference.

TheJab & Swanky: If you plan to come down after the first of the year, maybe you can agree on a date that's good. I gotta meet the Jab-ster and my interaction with Swanky has always been while he was deep into the details of Hukilau.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-11-04 13:21 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 1:17 pm   Permalink

Alright!
Let it be written. Let it be done.

I'll set aside a little Tiki money to weather Christmas and look forward to it.

The Wahine and I will be hitting the Mai Kai in Dec. then and saving the Hawaiian Inn to whatever night we can come up with in Jan. and just make a weekend of it.
Right now - I have nothing planned for January. Fire away.

(Hope the topic header switch helped - that's what it was meant to do anyway.)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 1:21 pm   Permalink

Any weekend in January except the 24th-25th.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 2:51 pm   Permalink

Can someone step up and pick a date.

I suggest Saturday Jan.17th. That gives people three weeks to recoop from the Holidays.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 3:12 pm   Permalink

We're in.
1-17-04.

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-04 3:34 pm   Permalink

Is the show only on Saturday nights? Because for me to get the best fare on Southwest ($200RT) I need to fly on Saturday. So, I won't be arriving until Sat. night and leaving the following Saturday. I don't want to miss the show because my plane was late arriving.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 10:47 pm   Permalink

OK pablus it's just me, you and the wahine's! You bring the shrooms
I'll bring my remaining brain cells.
Meet me at the Hawaiian Inn, I'll be the one at the bar without pants. Alright, don't get any funny ideas!

www.flounderart.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 12:39 pm   Permalink

The show is usually Wed. through Sun, with Monday and Tuesday dark. Also, please be aware they also knock-off for a few weeks in November to take vacations and then start the X-mass show. I like the X-mas show because they do Mele Kalikimaka and stuff like that, which makes me think of when I was keiki.

The New Years' show is more of a conventional New Year's Eve Party and they tone down the Hawaiian stuff, so that's not a good choice for most of us. Someone on TC went to that and said they didn't like it because they didn't play much Hawaiian music.

We can do Saturday the 17th with no problem, but we would hate to miss visting with Jab. For those that are locals, what's the possibility of taking a vacation day and driving to Daytona for the Hawaiian Inn on Friday night the 16th? If you want to stay the weekend, we could plan on a 2nd night with dinner at Julian's on Saturday the 17th.
Just a thought.

KG

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-05 12:53 pm   Permalink

It appears that both Saturday the 17th. and 24th. are booked up at the $200 rate so I may be going in February or March instead. I hope that I can make it to the show then but meanwhile you'll have to go ahead without me. If I end up going perhaps we could meet at the Mai Kai.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 1:46 pm   Permalink

We could do the 17th AND go again whenever The Jab flys in.

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 1:56 pm   Permalink

The 17th it is.

JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 2:14 pm   Permalink

Katie & I have got it marked on the calendar. We'll also bring our two boys for the show. We're all looking forward to it as we've never been. (So, KG, that wasn't me looking to buy their Witcos).

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-05 14:14, JTD wrote:
Katie & I have got it marked on the calendar. We'll also bring our two boys for the show. We're all looking forward to it as we've never been. (So, KG, that wasn't me looking to buy their Witcos).
-JTD

That's a relief because I would have to stab you with a cocktail sword and I don't know if you could withstand another injury at a tiki function....

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-11-05 14:19 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation