FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 1:18 pm   Permalink

Kailuageoff, do we need to make reservations for the show? Is it included if you stay at the Hawaiian Inn? Price for show?
Also do they know that we are coming?
Maybe some kind of deal.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 3:03 pm   Permalink

Good question, Flounder. Yes, we need reservations but I don't think we need to worry about a sell-out this early.
If anyone wants to call or e-mail to make a reservation tell them to register you under "Tiki-Geoff's Party". so we can all sit together.
Here's a link to the show website:
http://www.teauilashawaii.com/
I've left Wayne a message to see if he can cut our group any deals or do anything extra for us, but I think he is on vacation right now.
Stay-tuned.
KG
Oh yeah, Julian's doesn't take reservation, but it is a huge restaurant and I've never had a problem getting a table there.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-11-14 15:05 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 3:14 pm   Permalink

Well, how strange was that....
I just talked to Wayne and he said no problem to give us a $4 discount off the dinner show. Just make your reservations under "Tiki Geoff" as instructed above. Also, he said he can't believe how busy they are for November. Must be all those lurkers checking out this site for tiki info...
Well, good for them because it keeps them in business.
Okole Maluna,
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 4:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks to our inside man Geoff.

This is a nice group!

List so far:

Flounder & Wahine Megan
Pablus & Wahine
Kailuageoff & Wahine Marian
Tiki Bree & Tristin
Tiki Mon
Heto-Tiki & Man-stud
JTD & Wahine Katie & Kids
Kono
Muggler & Wahine
Fatuhiva & Wahine
Tweedtone & Wahine
Kentiki & Wahine Ariel
Tiki Dave & Lezley

Email me if you want added to the list, taken off the list, or if something is wrong on the list.

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-11-14 16:02 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 3:21 pm   Permalink

Geoff, have you contacted these people?

Tiki Troll
Sull-Tiki
Sobe Tik

www.flounderart.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 3:25 pm   Permalink

Tiki Troll (Sarah) and her husband are going to try and make it. She is pregnant so it might be a stretch....

I don't have e-mail for Sobe tiki or Sull-tiki, so we'll have to wait and see if they find this thread and post on it.

I mentioned this to Wayne and Beki at the party and they want to go, but you might mention it to them again if you are over their way.

Oh yeah, tell them Fatuhiva is going to be there and he wants to debate Wayne and his tiki carving style.... That should provide the best entertainment of the evening.

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Oh yeah, tell them Fatuhiva is going to be there and he wants to debate Wayne and his tiki carving style.... That should provide the best entertainment of the evening.

Like I said earlier in the carver war post "Wayne is a big man". I don't know what fatuhiva looks like but I think we better invite Waynes nemesis Ed Volonnino to make it fare!

www.flounderart.com

tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 08:11 am   Permalink

Aloha, y'all!

Could somebody post or better yet, email me the final details for this event, in particular the what, where and when? I've been out of the tiki loop for awhile, having just moved after becoming abruptly unemployed.

Thanks! Looking forward to this gathering!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 10:04 am   Permalink

The place is the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona Beach. The date is January 17th. You should make reservations now for your room. You can also stay at the Aku Inn if you like. You need to make reservations for the show as well, but I don't think you can do that till a month before.
Where is Temple Terrace?

Is it January yet?

www.flounderart.com

tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-21 10:04, FLOUNDERart wrote:
The place is the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona Beach. The date is January 17th. You should make reservations now for your room. You can also stay at the Aku Inn if you like. You need to make reservations for the show as well, but I don't think you can do that till a month before.
Where is Temple Terrace?

Is it January yet?

OK, thanks for the info.

Any side trips recommended? Me and mine'll probably make a weekend out of it.

Temple Terrace is basically far northeast Tampa. I'm five blocks from I-75, which in my mind, screams "ROAD TRIP!"

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 1:30 pm   Permalink

If you don't mind a long road trip, well worth it of course. You can go to the Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale. About four hours or so south from Daytona. It's one of the last standing real tiki bars from back in the day. Great show, awesome decor, and even better, the drinks, oh the drinks!

www.flounderart.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 2:00 pm   Permalink

Mark & Scott,
We're thinking about spending Friday and Saturday in Daytona. If anyone wants to show up on Friday, we can meet in the late afternoon at the hotel and go to a few bars plus Julian's for dinner.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-11-21 14:01 ]

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 2:35 pm   Permalink

Geoff, I don't think we will be going on Friday, but things may change.

www.flounderart.com

Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

Arriving Friday is tough for me because of clients and classes...........I really would love to hit Julian's Saturday before the Hawaiian Inn seating..... Is that possible?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-24 08:47 am   Permalink

Hi everyone! The hubby and I are going to try to make it, but you'll have to make my drinks "virgin". We'll let you know closer to the date if I feel up to it, but I have been feeling better everyday so I am keeping my fingers crossed, and Justin gets a guaranteed designated driver! !

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation