FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-11 09:57 am   Permalink

Cyber-I never said my bottle of "La Fee Verte" was old, but it is the real thing, (Deva, 70%) brought back for me by our friend Formikahini from Spain, the only european country that never bothered to outlaw the stuff. When you come up we'll whip out the slotted spoon and the sugar cubes. Paul-wish I could, I really do. I do, however wanna get this shit over with.

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-01-11 10:08 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-11 11:03 am   Permalink

Ahhh ... I thought you had a 'vintage' experience! What I'm bringing up for Pablus probably isn't as good as the European varieties, and is somewhat experimental in that I can't get honest info out of the distillery that produces it, but we'll see. As far as the European products, I've been working on obtaining a regular supply source, and may have something in the works ... I'll let you know in a week or so!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 09:00 am   Permalink

FOUR DAYS my friends!

Pablus & Cybertiki.

Beachbum's Own.
Trader Vic's Scorpion.
Pain Killers.
Green Fairies
Brownies

You realize it's only one night. Right?

I think we need more.
I'll bring a Crack pipe kicker! LOL

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 12:47 pm   Permalink

Okay Florida tiki gang... I want everyone to understand I have no idea exactly who is coming to the Hawaiian Inn. I do hope everyone and more who said they will come, does show up. But I'm basically clueless about it and in true beachbum fashion can only take responsibility for myself; and even then not do it very well.

I know Marian and I will be there with a few of our tiki-worshipping friends and like someone once said, wherever two or more are gathered in Martin Denny's name there will be a tiki party. Also, please keep in mind the Hawaiian Inn hosts a luau and show four nights a week and all we need to do is arrive with a credit card.

That said, let's all have a great time, but be sure we get invited back as well. To help out, here's a few tips and things you might want to factor into your thinking.

1) Pablus is setting up a hospitality room with a little help from his friends. If you see smoke coming from under the doorway and hear yelling, that's probably the right room.

2) The pool tiki bar -- with actual tikis on the bar -- usually opens about 10:30 am. The bartender is named Dave. Please be good to him. He looks like a pirate and could be dangerous. He also makes a nice Mai-Tai. Not Trader Vics, but the stuff doesn't set your teeth on edge either.

2)The bar in the showroom opens at 5:00 - 5:30 pm. That's where the full tropical drink menu is served. The main bartender is Frank. He may or may not be Dave's father, but he's meaner than Dave so don't ask him about it. Also, stay out of Frank's way when he's throwing booze bottles and juice containers around. You don't want any broken glass in your volcano bowl. Also, be sure to tell him how much you like the Hawaiian Inn mugs behind the bar and that they should make those again and sell them to guests. Say "Tiki Farm" a few times.

3) Be polite to Tofi and Evalani. They're Wayne's daughters. Enough said about that.

4)Teauila is queen of the Hawaiian Inn and the guys with the fire knives and spears are her palace guard, so be servilely obedient and respectful in her presence.

5)If you are going to Julian's with Bre-elle and Tristan, but plan to enjoy the luau at the Hawaiian Inn -- you need to be back at the hotel no later than 7:00 when dinner is served. The show starts promptly at 8:00.

6) Don't carve your initials into the Witco. Some of it is not in the best of shape. If you fool with the woodwork, you will not be in the best of shape either.

On a sad note, I talked to Beki Coombs a few minutes ago. Unfortunately she and Wayne can't make it. They just got back from a five-day trade show, plus she's afraid Wayne might kill a couple TCers with his bare hands. (Not really, I just thought I would throw that in.)

If this Florida Tiki Revival / Hawaiian Inn thing sounds a little rough and tumble, just remember this particular piece of polynesian paradise is located in the same beach town as bike week, Black college reunion and speed week. I'll leave it to everyone's imagination as to which of these activities presents the greatest risk to visitors.

Aloha and book'em Danno,
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-13 12:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-01-14 18:46 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 3:10 pm   Permalink

My wahine and I will be in attendance. A friend of mine who attended Hukilau and his wife will be coming as well.

So ... not everyone is going to dinner at Julian's ...?

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 6:57 pm   Permalink

It's my understanding that we're just going to Julian's for a cocktail to enjoy it's retro decor (a must see)......then we'll promptly return to the H.I. for dinner.
It would be nice to actually leave the H.I. at 5 so we have enough time to squeeze it all in...so, could we meet in the lobby at 4.45pm-ish?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 06:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-13 18:57, Tiki Bree wrote:
It's my understanding that we're just going to Julian's for a cocktail to enjoy it's retro decor (a must see)......then we'll promptly return to the H.I. for dinner.
It would be nice to actually leave the H.I. at 5 so we have enough time to squeeze it all in...so, could we meet in the lobby at 4.45pm-ish?

Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification!

Sounds great.

FYI, here's a direct link to the Luau Dinner Show website, including the menu - looks yummy!

http://teauilashawaii.com/

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-13 15:10, tweedtone wrote:
So ... not everyone is going to dinner at Julian's ...?

If you have never been, you should have a cocktail experience at Julian's. It is a marvelous building and nice vintage atmosphere. Plus, Bre-elle is a great tour guide. Marian and I plan on hanging in the Hawaiian Inn bar so we can greet any late comers.
Whether you stay with us or go to Julian's is cool.
Hang Loose!
KG

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-01-14 18:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-01-14 18:48 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 1:42 pm   Permalink

Me and the wahine will either be hanging poolside or at the bar, most likely the bar!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 3:05 pm   Permalink

Flounder,
You can have it all. There is a poolside bar (if memory serves). See ya there.

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 8:06 pm   Permalink

Hey all you hepcats!!! I am so excited!!!
The meteorologists are predicting fabulous weather, highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's!!! Of course we'll have our precious Fla. humidity, it wouldn't be Florida without it, but we won't be nearly as chilly as last year's gathering. Yea!!!!
Since I'm having to work Saturdays 'till 1:30 these days, I'll be arriving probably just in time to collect everyone who's trekking to Julian's. We can fit a few bodies in "Starr"(my CRV), so if you want to ride with us let me know........
cant wait................55 hours to go!!!

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 8:16 pm   Permalink

Hey there, Bree! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. It's going to be great. If you've got room in your tikimobile for me, I'd love to join the gang for Julian's.

Hey Geoff -- just to be safe, I wanted to make sure that you saw that they wouldn't take my name or headcount for the show at Hawaiian Inn... am I going to be okay? Let me know if I need to call them again.

See you soon!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 10:00 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-01-15 20:16, Humuhumu wrote:
Hey there, Bree! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. It's going to be great. If you've got room in your tikimobile for me, I'd love to join the gang for Julian's.
quote]

Of course, gorgeous, "Starr" would be honored to transport you to Julian's. I wish I could meet up with you earlier, but as you've probably read, I have to work
on Saturday. Poo!!!
You're going to see me in the same dress I wore to Exotica/Kona Kai, boy is my face red! This is only the 2nd time I'm wearing it, honest!!!!

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 08:05 am   Permalink

Sorry, but you can't get into the show if you are from California... In fact, they'll probably stop you at the airport.

I'll call Wayne today and make sure you are all set. I'm sure he has just set aside a long table or two and figures he has enough chairs for all of us. I've never seen the show sell out, so no worries.

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 3:06 pm   Permalink

It looks like we have about 20-25 in our group, if you need a seat and didn't call yet it shouldn't be a problem -- so just show up.

The bar will open a half hour early for us at 5. Heck, that's less than 24 hours from now!!!! And, they'll stay open as long as we want to hang out after the show.

Also, after the show Wayne is going to take questions from us about the history of Teauila's Hawaii and what he knows about the Hawaiian Inn, so bring your questions.
Aloha until tomorrow,
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-16 15:08 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation