[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events MD/DC/VA Tiki Regalia - Oct. 12th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
MD/DC/VA Tiki Regalia - Oct. 12th
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-25 10:22 pm   Permalink

Those of us in the mid-Atlantic region need to get together at either Politiki in DC, Honolulu in Alexandria VA, or any other place that anyone knows about! Maybe we could even take a gander at the Moai at the Smithsonian before or after! I know it pales in comparison to West Coast tiki crawls or the Hukilau in Atlanta but it would probably be pretty cool to get together with a bunch of other like minded people from this area.

Johntiki

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2002-08-21 17:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2002-10-07 23:41 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-30 4:58 pm   Permalink

Or maybe not....

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-30 7:11 pm   Permalink

Perhaps posting this in the main forum might get it more exposure... just put a link over to his thread.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-30 9:36 pm   Permalink

responded to the main

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-08-08 7:59 pm   Permalink

Many thanks for stepping forward to suggest a Tiki outing where no Tiki outing has been before, Johntiki!

I and my partner would definitely be up for an evening of Tiki and fine company! It would be good to meet other national capital area Tiki-philes.

From where I'm sitting a few things might help us out at this point- some basic knowledge of Tiki locations (Politiki and/or Honolulu both sound good to me!), hours, and parking situations. It would also be good to know how crowded these places get on weekends, or if folks are close enough in that they'd rather do a weeknight?

Followed by perhaps setting a date, possibly with at least a little time between then and now, which would help bring other area folk out of the woodwork/get it on their calendars.

So what do you think?

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-08 10:40 pm   Permalink

Sabina - thanks for your suggestions - I am thinking of a date in September/October - I will look at my calendar and set a date once I find some available time! As for inside knowledge on the Politiki and Honolulu - we will have to enlist the help of those who live a little closer - I am like an hour and a half away. I have been to the Politiki once - never been to Honolulu. Any suggestions or inside knowledge anyone?

samoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-10 10:27 am   Permalink

johntiki, i am in salisbury, maryland, on the eastern shore it would be fun to meet everybody!!! i don't think we have any tiki themed restuarants or bars over this way. it would be fun to spend the weekend up in the d.c. area. and i love the smithsonian!

View Profile of samoa Send a personal message to samoa  Email samoa Goto the website of samoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 5:03 pm   Permalink

I'm announcing a date for the gathering at Honolulu in Arlington VA - Saturday October 12th...

Let me know...

ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-22 07:52 am   Permalink

Count me in for the Oct 12 gathering. I'll be returning from a vacation that week, so the gathering will be a nice welcome home.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 2:38 pm   Permalink

Sounds good to me

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 3:37 pm   Permalink

I had fun at Politiki when I had a sibling get-together there a couple of years back.

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-24 11:18 am   Permalink

Hey - just because we're planning on going to Honolulu doesn't mean we can't make a stop at Politiki - we can buy them out of their presidential tiki mugs...

I'm going to call Honolulu this week and see if I need to make reservations for a group - so I need to start getting a head count...

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-24 11:06 pm   Permalink

I would't mind stopping over at Politiki. Never been there. I'll get a babysitter, so 2 for me.

powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-25 9:42 pm   Permalink

Maybe we could look into getting a small bus so we don't have to drive

Carroll

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 11:09 am   Permalink

The bus would be cool but, if I can convince my wife to go we might have a designated driver (she's pregnant) but, she has expressed no desire to go because she can't drink...kinda catch-22. I'll look into the bus idea but it might cut down on the cash for drinks and we might be sober enough to drive...another catch-22...

I read on the tiki bar review page about Honolulu being close to the Metro - that might be a good idea but I know the Metro stops running pretty early...anyone have the inside info.?

JohnTiki

Greetings to all from The Pi Yi Lenai in luxurious Bel Air Maryland!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2002-08-27 11:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation