FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Ren Clark Severed Head...ebay...Get your checkbook
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Ren Clark Severed Head...ebay...Get your checkbook
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 7:50 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3250915527&category=29460

Although i know I won't win this, at least I was the first in line to lose the auction.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 7:59 pm   Permalink

BigBadTikiDaddy~

Is this your auction?

The picture on the above ebay page seems to be the EXACT picture in the tikiroom.net gallery...

Take a look and compare.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 9:02 pm   Permalink

Good gawd!

I never thought I see the day!

I don't think I'm down with this one but thanks for alerting us, TG. Very sporting of you.

Arty

IN THE ZEN OF STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-11-05 21:05 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 9:19 pm   Permalink

I won't win either, but I have my moment in the sun right now....!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 10:10 pm   Permalink

Not anymore!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 10:19 pm   Permalink

dammit Pop! You'd only break it, you know!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 10:24 pm   Permalink

Don't you guys want to know if it's the same one as in the photo before you bid? If it's not BigBadTikiDaddy's why are they using his image? Hmmmm...

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 12:09 am   Permalink

yes that image thing is VERY sketchy.

it IS the exact same photo.

that being said, how many "will you close the auction and sell this to me now?" emails do you think this dude is getting flooded with right about now..

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-06 09:13 am   Permalink

Should I buy it or not? Poly Pop, what's it worth to you?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 11:33 am   Permalink

Here is what I found out. I first sent the following email to the seller:

Hello!
Can you tell me about the difference in your picture that you show on ebay and the picture on the following website?:
http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/marked/aes

They seem to be the exact picture. Any further information you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Frank
Huntington Beach, CA

I then get the following as a response. It is copied EXACTLY as I received it:

Frank , no difference ,Mine has no defects , I used their photo becasue looked like crap , my camera can not do the close work . My has just a tiny bit less red blood .

Kevin

Americana & Collectibles
Kevin & Laurie Lynn
Manchester MD 21102

Personally, for the amount that these mugs go for, I would like to see detailed pictures of the actual mug that I would be bidding on.

You may come to your own conclusions on this one.

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-11-06 11:34 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 1:55 pm   Permalink

It is funny that he can't make his camera work on a close up, specially since all the other auctions are for small things, and all the pics are detailed close-ups.
hmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 3:40 pm   Permalink

let me just say this.. a few months back i won an item, was a little slow getting the check out. the seller was emailing me constantly about sending payment.. awright awright already, i send it out.

the tramp cashes it, and never sends the frikkin item. That was like 2 months ago. I email her 1000000 times, suddenly shes nowhere to be found. had to neg feedback her and report her to ebay.

today i got an email from some other dude she did the same thing to.

what would be stopping this guy from posting that pic, getting it up to $600, grabbing the cash and dashing?

i'd want to see visual PROOF he really HAS that mug

[ This Message was edited by: fatuhiva on 2003-11-06 15:41 ]

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 4:22 pm   Permalink

...and did you notice that the text of his auction is VERBATIM from Mike's comments about the mug in the TikiRoom?? Obviously he doesn't know jack about what he's "selling" either, but seems to be pretty good at ripping off other people's work!

Bidder beware!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 4:50 pm   Permalink

I would still ask the seller to send his own pictures so if you happened to be the high bidder you'd have something to compare to. There are no 2 things exactly alike in the world...

If it were me, and I'm bidding or interested in a high ticket item, I want to see original pictures of the item I'm bidding on and not someone elses item. I'd have no problems emailing the seller and asking for "true" pictures. If he doesn't send them or respond, I wouldn't bid.

That's just my philosophy on eBay. If a seller doesn't take the time to answer your question or send pictures, then I don't waste my time bidding. No matter how much I would want the item.

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic on 2003-11-06 16:51 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

Yep, looks like Buyer Beware big time on this one! Hope it does look as good as BBTD's photo!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation