FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ren Clark Severed Head...ebay...Get your checkbook
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Ren Clark Severed Head...ebay...Get your checkbook
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 6:24 pm   Permalink

I do agree the seller needs to post actual photos of the item. But I don't think there is too much risk of a scam from a guy that has 4000+ positive feedback, and only 1 negative.

Simply ask the seller for actual photos, or just don't bid if you think it seems fishy.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 7:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 13:55, sweetpea wrote:
It is funny that he can't make his camera work on a close up, specially since all the other auctions are for small things, and all the pics are detailed close-ups.
hmmmmmmmmmm

I notice this a LOT in auctions where the seller explains the lack of photo due to trouble with (blah blah blah - any excuse they can think up) but then you see photos for every other item on their list. That sets off my BS red flag. I just won't bid on it. I don't care what the item is. The trust issue is out the window.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 16:50, tikichic wrote:
I would still ask the seller to send his own pictures so if you happened to be the high bidder you'd have something to compare to. There are no 2 things exactly alike in the world...

If it were me, and I'm bidding or interested in a high ticket item, I want to see original pictures of the item I'm bidding on and not someone elses item. I'd have no problems emailing the seller and asking for "true" pictures. If he doesn't send them or respond, I wouldn't bid.

If they are out to scam people, then all they would have to do is steal different photos and email those on the potential bidders request. Doesn't guarantee those are the real deal either.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 7:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 17:50, TikiHula wrote:
Yep, looks like Buyer Beware big time on this one! Hope it does look as good as BBTD's photo!

If I discovered that someone stole an image of mine to misrepresent something in a sale I would make a complaint to ebay.

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 7:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 18:24, Traderpup wrote:
I do agree the seller needs to post actual photos of the item. But I don't think there is too much risk of a scam from a guy that has 4000+ positive feedback, and only 1 negative.

You are unaware of the recent scams of stolen account info and feedback then? People have been hacking into other's accounts, stealing their golden feedback and using it as their own to rip off unsuspecting buyers. Usually they stick to easy money items and insist on being paid by cash/money order/etc.

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 8:22 pm   Permalink

If you are concerned about it being a feedback scam.... just ask ebay about the seller. Ebay does a good job at answering questions and eliminating any scams that are brought to their attention. And they do accept paypal, which in itself has some improved buyer protection policies.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 9:08 pm   Permalink

I have gotten stung by a seller on ebay who had a good rating. Ebay did nothing to fix the problem, it's been over a year and I have heard nothing from EBay about the fraudulent transaction.

Buyers beware Nya-a-a

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-11-06 22:57 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 10:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 21:08, DawnTiki wrote:
I have gotten stung by a seller on ebay who had a good rating. Ebay did nothing to fix the problem, it's been over a year and I have heard nothing from EBay about the fraudulent transaction.

Me too! I'm dealing with some seller now that outright lied in the description. I emailed to get them to respond and work out the situation and now they respond like I'm threatening THEM. I'm saving ALL correspondence to prove otherwise. I think they are baiting me to react so they can use that against me. I even discovered a similar complaint in his ancient feedback that proves my experience.
I WILL file a fraud case if he doesn't do anything about it soon. It's the principle to me more than the money! I bet that they rip everyone off and just plays the negative feedback retaliation fear to get away with it. Pathetic!

Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 10:31 pm   Permalink

Good tiki God! That thing is hideous!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jonboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-07 12:31 am   Permalink

The guy has great feedback, 4201 with 1 negative, he may be ripping off pics and text but he is apparently delivering the goods

View Profile of jonboy Send a personal message to jonboy  Email jonboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 9:04 pm   Permalink

Auction Interruptus.

It's always better for both parties if the act is completed.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 9:34 pm   Permalink

looks like somebody went backstage and snaked this one..

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 05:30 am   Permalink

I wonder if they took it down because someone made a big offer, or they weren't truthful? It's so hideous looking.....

BUT their feedback was excellent........

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 07:56 am   Permalink

After seeing what they have sold for on EBay they might not have been getting the bids they were hoping for and just ended the auction early so they wouldn't have to sell it at a lower price. I think the seller can end an auction at anytime, even if there are bids on the item and that voids the whole auction.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 10:41 am   Permalink

My hunch was right. After seeing the photos of the acutal mug that he owns and had up for auction, it has much more paint loss than you would be led to believe looking at BBTD's photo that he "borrowed". The red blood is important and BBTD's is almost all intact- this guy's clearly is not....even the one I own has more red paint left on it!

Case in point- even when a seller has a really high feedback rating....it's still buyer beware when you can't see an actual photo of the item!

www.tikiroom.net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula on 2003-11-12 10:45 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation