FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-09 5:29 pm   Permalink

Al and Shelly, me and mine, Poly Pop and his are going to be staying at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn the day after Thanksgiving.

If anyone else is interested, book a room at Half Moon also. We're going to hit the usual places such as Bali Hai, Mort's, and a number of other sites.

Pop and I are bringing the offspring, so if you're not into whining, crying, pitching fits (and that's just me and Pop), then you may just want to join for Bali Hai etc.

We're hitting Sea World the next day, so if anyone wants to hang...

Aloha

Book now!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 7:01 pm   Permalink

So far, The Jab, Tikibot, Mrs Pineapple and brand new Hoity Toity HumuHumu are planning on coming as well
Mahalo,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: alnshely on 2003-11-09 22:58 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 8:46 pm   Permalink

My extended family has planned a ski trip on those dates otherwise we would have enjoyed visiting with all of you in San Diego county. Enjoy yourselves. I am sure it will be a very pleasant time. We will be thinking of you when it is 25 degrees outside and our car is snowed in.

Hopefully we can hook up with the TC folk on another visit to San Diego.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 10:59 pm   Permalink

"It's All About The Tiki" that weekend. Palm Springs.
Come with us, it'll be a gas. Alwayzzz izzz.
Aloha, Mon..."Antennas to wisdom," he said of his dreads. That would be Dr. D, a pal of ours from Barbados. Awesome bodywomper too. That's "bodysurfing" translated to 'the non-ocean types' here.
Mrs. Boo

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-10 12:16 am   Permalink

I got a little family get together here in town on friday afternoon, after that I'll set sail for the Bali Hai and drinks with the TC ohana.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 11:08 pm   Permalink

I'll be doing T-giving with my family in Encinitas, and it looks like I'll be down for Friday as well. Z-Girl will be unable to make it, but count the Good Doctor in!

Jab-- are you really going to be there?? I don't want to have to ask every solo guy we see "Are you Dean?" again like last year...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 08:33 am   Permalink

Dr. Z, I went thru the same thing when looking for Shipwreckjoey at The Bali Hai in August. Tapped a guy on the shoulder at the bar and asked him and his girl if he was Shipwreck. They both said "WHO?" Then I had to go into a lengthy explanation of what the hell was a Shipwreckjoey. A lot of back pedaling. But they did seem genuinely interested and amused, except then it seemed like his girl was getting too interested. Be careful Doc.
Not long after that, I found the real Shipwreckjoey.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-11-12 08:44 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-12 09:05 am   Permalink

JungleT,

Under no circumstances, ever, refer to Mrs. Shipwreckjoey (Mustang Sally) as Mrs. Wreck!

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-12 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-11 23:08, Doctor Z wrote:
Jab-- are you really going to be there?? I don't want to have to ask every solo guy we see "Are you Dean?" again like last year...

That must have been a pretty funny sight! I won't leave you hanging this time. When and where are we meeting?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-12 12:35 pm   Permalink

Jab,

After we all (Z, Sabu, Al, Me, Pop et all) were pretty tanked up on rum, we drove around Shelter Island accousting all innocent bystanders with the phrase "are you Dean?".

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-12 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-12 12:17, thejab wrote:
When and where are we meeting?

I'd have to say to Bali Hai around 6:00 or so. We'll take a head count of who's going and I'll make reservations to that effect.

If we decide it to be somewhere else, it'll be posted in plenty time.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 3:16 pm   Permalink

When I was in New York in January, I was supposed to meet manic cat for the first time at the Zombie Hut in Brooklyn. Manic was running late, so her poor boyfriend had the unenviable task of mustering up the courage to ask "Are you Humuhumu?" when he spotted some solo woman who looked like a likely candidate. When I came in & asked for a Mai Tai without bothering to check the menu, but then tried to pay with a credit card, making it obvious I'd never set foot in the place, he thought it had to be me. He still sounded pretty afraid he was about to get slapped when he asked me if I was Humuhumu, though. He was very brave.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys there on Friday! Is further exploring likely to happen during the day on Friday, or on Saturday? I'm trying to figure out if I should get a room for Thursday night, too, or just drive down Friday morning.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 4:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-12 08:33, jungletrader wrote:
Be careful Doc.
Not long after that, I found the real Shipwreckjoey.

Quote:

On 2003-11-12 09:05, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Under no circumstances, ever, refer to Mrs. Shipwreckjoey (Mustang Sally) as Mrs. Wreck!

Ah, yes... I do know the 'Wrecks... After the OC III crawl, Z-Girl and I had the room next to theirs at the motel across from Bamboo Ben's store. Man, can that Mustang Sally talk!?! I kept trying to go to my room and crash, but by 3:30 or so, she was still going strong! (SWJ & Z-Girl had the sense to simply pass out much earlier...).

ps-- Sally: love ya, babe - can't wait to see you again, but where's my "Rap's Hawaii" tape, hmmmmm? No "URGH - A Music War" for your hubby until I get it back!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 10:19 am   Permalink

My Wife, Dale, and I wil be joining too on Friday at the Bali Hai...

See ya all
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 8:21 pm   Permalink

Excuse me Doc(as in Z),you couldn't get enough conversation that night at the "motel".And as I recollect,I brought your RAP'S HAWAII tape to Palm Springs to return it to you, and you told me,"hang onto it and I'll get it later"! Well it's later.But remember what I told you...you will never understand or appreciate this Hawaiian comedic humor unless you watch it with me or someone else from Hawaii!So until then,I will continue to be the caretaker of this legendary video!!!I guess that means you guys will have to come out to "TYPHOON TERRY'S TIKI BAR" for cocktails and some aloha. Looking forward to seeing you and the Z Girl soon! Aloha,Mustang

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation