FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-18 11:59 am   Permalink

Let's meet at 5PM at Tom Ham's Lighthouse on Harbor Island (a 10 min. drive from Half Moon Inn). Donna Cote performs old standards on piano in the Tween' Decks Lounge from 5 on. The c. 1971 bar has a nautical atmosphere and they serve good Mai Tais (a bit better than the Bali Hai's). After a couple drinks we can head over to the Bali Hai for dinner. How's that sound?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 08:11 am   Permalink

*Sigh* It looks like I probably won't make this. I've been holding off on answering in case things would change, but I don't think they will & it wouldn't be a very good idea to drag my 5 month old Gran'daughter around Harbor & Shelter islands all night. I'll try to show up @ 1 thing, but unfortunately can't even promise that.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-19 09:06 am   Permalink

Freddie,

I'm bring my kids, 8 & 12 and Poly Pop's bringing his little baby girl 1, along with his boy.

Come on. Steep the young babe in the ways of Tiki debauchery!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 3:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Count me in.
Just made Friday reservation at Humphrey's for me and my son (6).

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 10:02 pm   Permalink

Looks like I'll be coming down a few days early for a business meeting -- if anyone else is going to be in town earlier, feel free to gimme a holler. Also: there's a day spa in San Diego that I think is called Tiki Spa (I've got all the details on my computer, which sadly isn't hooked up to the internet yet, which makes it only slightly more useful than a houseplant). Being a girly joint, it's more nouveau Polynesian than tiki, but I'm thinking about treating myself there during my trip -- if anyone is interested in joining me, again, gimme a holler.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-19 22:02, Humuhumu wrote:
...Also: there's a day spa in San Diego that I think is called Tiki Spa (I've got all the details on my computer, which sadly isn't hooked up to the internet yet, which makes it only slightly more useful than a houseplant). Being a girly joint, it's more nouveau Polynesian than tiki, but I'm thinking about treating myself there during my trip -- if anyone is interested in joining me, again, gimme a holler.

Humuhumu, the Tiki Spa, or Spa Tiki, does have tikis, check
here, there's a picture of a Bosco in the corner.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 9:40 pm   Permalink

Being a girly joint, it's more nouveau Polynesian than tiki, but I'm thinking about treating myself there during my trip -- if anyone is interested in joining me, again, gimme a holler.

You haaaad to throw the spa "thing" in, Humu....shoot, I'd join ya, but we'll be at the Palm Springs opening. Next time. See you at La Luz this weekend.
Aloha,
Mrs. Bamboo
BTW...Welcome to California....kinda think you'll dig it!!!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-22 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey Humu,

We went to SPA TIKI recently and highly recommend it! Plenty 'o Tikis and great services.

Here's the lowdown and some pix from our adventure.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3323&forum=1

Enjoy!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 1:05 pm   Permalink

Lets bump this back up to the top.

I'm not going to be able to make it to this on the day after T-day, but I think we're going to the T-day Buffet @ the Bali Hai.

ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 4:23 pm   Permalink

I'm 90% sure that Mrs. ModMana and I will be attending. So, what is the schedule? I live in SD so I'll be driving down after work on Friday (yes, unfortunately I am working that day). After reading all the posts I see that Tiki_Bong says we're meeting at Bali Hai at 6PM, but thejab says 5PM at Tom Ham's Lighthouse. Is there a definitive plan? Personally, I prefer Bali Hai at 6 (less or no driving for everyone), but I'll go with the flow. See ya there...

ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: ModMana on 2003-11-25 16:24 ]

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-26 09:19 am   Permalink

Well, all the folks that are staying at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn (Bongs, AlnShelly, Poly Pop's, Tiki Rider 5-0, et al) would like to be there by check in time - 3:00.

(I need to get to the room as soon as possible, as I require at least 3 hours of jumping from bed to bed)

We're thinking about a drink or 2 in the room, then stumble over to Bali Hai around 6:00 or so. We'll be doing our best to be on Hawaiian time that day. If anyone needs to get ahold of us, here's my cel # 714-393-3378 (please, no crank calls, unless it's phone sex).

The Jab suggested stopping by a lounge, which is cool, but I got's offsping to entertain, so we'll be hanging out and going on Al's famous Tiki tour of Shelter Island and surrounding islets.

Bong loves you all, even Chris Tiki, and hopes to see you there! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-26 10:04 am   Permalink

Bong's plan sounds good to me. If anyone wants to meet me at Tom Ham's ('Tween Decks Lounge) on Harbor Island for a Mai Tai I'll be there at 5. Humuhumu? I'll head over to the Bali Hai around 6. See you there!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 12:20 pm   Permalink

Jab will you please shoot me an Email so I can E you back. E-me at alnshely@pacbell.net . Thank you
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 1:22 pm   Permalink

What time will "Al's famous Tiki Tour" be commencing? Z-Girl and I will be down in SD all day, and aside from a trip up to Bamboo2U, we've got nothin' else planned and would just a soon hook up with you early.
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 2:42 pm   Permalink

If anyone who knows the grounds of the Half Moon Inn would be willing to give a quick tiki tour, we'd be very interested in seeing that as well.

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation