FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Tonga King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:12 pm   Permalink

Tonga Queen and I are up for the fun as well.. Sounds like lots of fun.

Mai Tai after turkey day.. Fun Fun

View Profile of Tonga King Send a personal message to Tonga King  Email Tonga King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:28 pm   Permalink

The more the merrier. Glad so many are able to come. Where are the rest of you San Diego TC'ers?

Tonga King, I sent you an e-mail.
See ya Friday.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 9:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:05 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:41 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm in Texas. I saw the Alamo!!! You guys have fun. Happy Thanksgiving.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 10:07 am   Permalink

Okay TikiChick and Al & Shelly, you're excused. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 11:11 am   Permalink

Well, this would have been the third year in a row for me, but I don't think it's gonna happen this year.

However, there is a verrrry outside chance that I might show up after all! What time are y'all meetin' at the Bali Hai?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 1:45 pm   Permalink

Reservations are for 6:45pm in the name of Tiki Central. Pre-party at our place. You know you've been dying to see it.

Hope you can make it!

Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 9:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Ona, will c ya b4 5pm at your place for pre drinks! Will give ya a call.

tbird

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Weence
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-26 12:52 pm   Permalink

Hi.....Are kids welcome to this gathering tonight? If so......add 3 more to the list.
(Mean Gene & I may be bringing our 2 yr old little girl).
Thanks, Lisa

[ This Message was edited by: Weence on 2004-11-26 13:40 ]

View Profile of Weence Send a personal message to Weence  Email Weence Goto the website of Weence     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-26 1:46 pm   Permalink

We are bringing our kids. 4 and 6

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

Last night was too much fun! We had a great group and the staff at the Bali Hai treated us wonderfully.

In attendance were Shipwreckjoey, Mustang Sally (Mrs. Wreck, Ha), Monkeyman and the family, Tonga King & Tonga Queen, Mr. & Mrs. Kick the Reverb, TikiBird, UtopianDream, Mean Gene, Weence & Weencette, Mr. & Mrs. Modmana, OnaTiki and Moki.

We gathered at our place for a few cocktails before heading to the Bali Hai. Really enjoyed having everybody over to see the progress so far. Can't wait to host the "finally finished" party. Kick the Reverb brought a new creation, yet to be named. It was quite tasty.

Thanks again Monkeyman for the gift. It was very cool. Thanks to TikiBird, UtopianDream, Tonga King & Queen for making the long trek down.

Here are a few pics.

Tonga King, Tonga Queen, Mrs. Modmana, TikiBird & Modmana. UtopianDream in reflection.

Mrs. Modmana after an unfortunate incident of alcohol abuse. Moki also experienced the same fate only a short time later. Those mai tai glasses were very slippery.

The rest of the pics can be viewed at shutterfly.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2TFw4aMWzCBA

Thanks again to everyone who came. We really should get together more often.

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 5:52 pm   Permalink

We had a great time last night. Mahalo to all for showing up and sharing the aloha spirit that makes the Bali Hai what it is and why it's still around today. I like to think we keep the torches lit and in turn we bring home some good mana.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-27 8:47 pm   Permalink

We had ssoooo much fun… Huge thanks to OnaTiki and Moki for extending their hospitality to everyone, including two people who you didn’t even know (us)..
The Bali Bai proved to be well worth the trip. Now we can start to put faces to names. Staying at Humphrys for the night was a great call.. We were a little slow getting going the next morning but we managed. Made our way to Ocean Beach to do a little Tiki Antiquing, Cindy found a little “Teach your self Hula” book from the 50’s that included instruction on the Huka Lau We also found a few mugs at the OB Surf shop, they have a few APE mugs, Hot Head mugs and Flame Man Chu Tiki Mug as well as suffering Bastard decanters. We also stopped by Trader Morts to see what we might turn up, we found a really nice bottle of Rum, and we also noticed that there is a Bosko mask hanging in the store…
We hope to see you all again soon…

TK & TQ

View Profile of Tonga King Send a personal message to Tonga King  Email Tonga King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Weence
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-28 1:39 pm   Permalink

FUN! Nice to meet many of you for the 1st time & see some of you again! Thanks for the warm hospitality. Miss Taylor (weencette) =) had fun as well.....loved playing with Monkeyman's daughter, Penny. Looking foward to the next event & Tiki Oasis in the spring.

View Profile of Weence Send a personal message to Weence  Email Weence Goto the website of Weence     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-28 2:32 pm   Permalink

Sorry that I missed this one after such a fun time last year but I´m in Spain right now. I was in the Kahala in Barcelona on Thanksgiving day thinking of my family and my ohana on Tiki Central. No turkey, but I had plenty of ham.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation