[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Jasmine Tree Rumors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Jasmine Tree Rumors
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 2:36 pm   Permalink

if anyone is friends with the owner, please have them contact me about purchasing some of the artifacts for the new tiki bar. I know they have some items from the old Heathman's tiki bar, it would be nice to hand down the tradition.
Robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 10:46 pm   Permalink

This just in. The Jasmine tree is not closing. I just spoke with Jimmy and he insists that he is not closing for a long time and his lease, although month to month, is not being terminated. He also said, if anyone wants to book his big room for an event, say at the end of June, they better hurry as that date could go soon.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 1:48 pm   Permalink

I visited Portland and Seattle last May-I am SOOO happy to hear that the Jasmine Tree is NOT closing! The food was average and the Mai Tai was a little, well it wasn't Trader Vic's. But the atmosphere! And great service! I read somewhere that they were closing at the end of this month, and I've been sad....

The Alibi was my absolute favorite place anywhere ever! Great food! We stayed just down the street so I wouldn't have to take a bus ride at night after drinking... Just staggered back to the hotel with the big neon sign in front. Makes me want to move to Portland. That and the Classical Chinese garden. Portland is great!

Aloha

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 01:24 am   Permalink

So...it isn't closing?? REALLY???? What's the latest?

Cause my Savage Kitty Weemus might have to Really Bite someone on the planning commission over THIS issue. Grrrrr.

Tiki "Jasmine Tree" Vixen

and it is especially still worrying me 'cause I can't make the NW tiki crawl this year which already stinks.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 9:07 pm   Permalink

Any updates? I'm going to be in Portland next Tuesday night only and want to see if I should try to hit both the Jasmine Tree and The Alibi

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 01:13 am   Permalink

I had lunch there today and will be there again tomorrow at 2:15.

There is a "Public Notice" sign on the outside. It reads a hearing will be held about the possible taking of the land for development. After asking Jimmy about it, he claims they want to do 2 things, have light rail go through there, or ear-mark it for a high rise.

The way Portland works, if they just close, they will get $20,000 for their lifetime of efforts. HARUMPH!

If they find a nice place to relocate, they will receive big bucks for a new place.

They have a realtor working on it, as well as my scootering butt looking for a cool spot for them to be in.

I really like them and want to see them thrive once again.
Robertiki

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 4:06 pm   Permalink

Ahh! I stand with Selector Lopaka. Any music that helps me relax/chill, I listen to and love. That includes some reggae, smooth jazz, and even country western. Tiki is about chillin'. DIG! It doesn't have to be exclusive.

Hijack! Hijack!

Sorry, but for me, The Jasmine Tree is not worth the time spent to see it.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-07-26 16:10 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation