||Are you a Tiki freak? - Take the Quiz
Joined: Jan 20, 2003
From: A rock in the middle of the Ocean
|Posted: 2003-11-11 8:59 pm  Permalink|
I thought I'd update the old Tiki Quiz....
Get out a pencil and paper and keep a tally of how many times you answer NO. Add up how many times you answer NO and see how you rate!
1. Bought a Tiki item at a thrift store?
2. Bought a Tiki item at a swap meet/flea market?
3. Bought a Tiki item on e-bay?
4. Bought a Tiki item on e-bay using “Buy-it-Now?”
5. Traded Tiki items?
6. Have a Vintage Tiki Mug?
7. Have a Tiki Mug by Orchids of Hawaii?
8. Have a Tiki Mug made by Otagiri?
9. Have a Tiki Mug made by Westwood?
10. Made a profit re-selling a Tiki item?
11. Own a vintage Tiki Restaurant Post Card?
12. Own a vintage Tiki Restaurant Matchbook?
13. Have a Tiki Mug from Munktiki?
14. Have an E-Bay only Munktiki Mug?
15. Have a Mug Made by Tiki Farm?
16. Have a Mug Made by Bosco?
17. Have a Tiki Candle?
18. Have a Tiki in your Yard?
19. Created your own Tiki item?
20. Sold a Tiki item you created?
21. Been to the “Enchanted Tiki Room?”
22. Own more than 5 Tiki shirts?
23. Actually drink out of Tiki mugs when you have friends over?
24. Have more than 10 Tiki’s in your home?
25. Have art with a Tiki in it hanging in your home?
26. Have a Tiki bar in your home?
27. Have a Tiki light/lamp?
28. Have a Tiki that is over 2 ft. tall?
29. Have a photo of you with a Tiki?
30. Bought a tiki from a carver?
31. Met another TC member?
32. Traveled more than 200 miles to attend a Tiki event?
33. Posted your photo on TC?
34. Have more than 200 Tiki Central Posts?
35. Own more than 4 Tiki Books.
36. Have a subscription to “Tiki Magazine”?
37. Drank a Mai Tai with another TC member?
38. Met Otto Von Stroheim?
39. Own a Shag Print or original?
40. Own a mug by Gecko?
41. Know who Hanford Lemoore is?
42. Own ”The Book of Tiki” hard cover?
43. Own a “Shecky” mug?
44. Received a Vintage Tiki item as a gift?
45. Watched a TV show because there would be Tiki’s in it?
46. Own a Tiki Mug designed by Shag?
47. Own “Tiki Fonts” by House Industries?
48. Have a “Tiki Sticker” on your Car/bike/computer/whatever?
49. Own a Tiki Item Made by Witco?
50. Own a Pufferfish light or Glass Ball float?
51. Have bamboo somewhere in your home?
52. Know the difference between Lono and Ku?
53. Are you wearing a shirt with a Tiki on it, right now?
54. Own a Martin Denny album?
55. Been to a Tiki Bar in the last month?
56. Glued together a broken Tiki item?
57. Visited a place where Tiki items are made?
58. Have a Tiki related License plate or License plate frame?
59. Have more than 500 Tiki Central Posts?
60. Have over 100 Tiki items in your collection?
61. Participated in TC when it was still part of Yahoo?
62. Took an Airplane flight to see Tiki’s or attend a Tiki event?
63. Own a “Steve Crane” Tiki Mug?
64. Been to the “Kahiki” before it closed?
65. Have a Tiki tattoo?
40 to 65 No answers- “TIKI NEWBIE”
Welcome to Tiki Central. Hang around this crowd long enough and you’ll be a “Tiki Freak” in No Time!
30-39 No answers- “Casual Tiki”
Looks as if you’ve gotten the Tiki Bug, but you haven’t let it consume your life.
16-29 No Answers- “Tiki God”
You are a True Tiki Collector and Tiki Fan.
1-15 No Answers- “Tiki Freak”
Tiki has overwhelmed your life. Time to take a break from Tiki and go on vacation. (Maybe to Rapa Nui or the Big Island of Hawaii)
Sooo, How'd you do?
Be sure to come find me at Tiki Oasis 10!
I'll have some mugs to sell.
[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2010-07-29 20:49 ]
[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2010-07-29 20:50 ]
[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2010-07-29 20:52 ]
Joined: Mar 25, 2002
From: 37? 47' N, 122? 26' W
|Posted: 2003-11-11 9:12 pm  Permalink|
Dang, I am a Tiki Barber fan according to the quiz. I started out strong, with a purchase at a Thrift Store (why yes, that does explain my clothes). After that it was just like my college love life 48 "no's" in a row.
I do have a question, in reference to #65. Would a person, hypothetically now, receive extra points for "Knowing" Polynesian Pop? Um, like in the biblical sense? Just hypotheticaly speaking, of course.
[ This Message was edited by: midnite_tiki on 2003-11-11 21:13 ]
Joined: Mar 24, 2002
From: 1st website dedicated to Tiki Gardens
|Posted: 2003-11-11 9:22 pm  Permalink|
Joined: Mar 25, 2002
From: Corona, Ca
|Posted: 2003-11-11 9:51 pm  Permalink|
MT, wow what a great quiz. I'm all the way into "Tiki Freak" territory but refuse to take a vacation!
BTW - For question #65, do I have to take the point? I've technically never met myself...
Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!
Joined: Feb 19, 2003
From: New Orleans
|Posted: 2003-11-11 9:54 pm  Permalink|
Yeah, but have you "known" yourself? Um ,like in the biblical sense?
Joined: Jan 13, 2003
From: The Quiet EAST Village
|Posted: 2003-11-11 10:14 pm  Permalink|
Fun quiz! My score was not as high as I thought it would be though. I have to say that some of the 'yes' answers here are based on one's financial reach. Have I travelled to a tiki event? Yeah, I would love to.
But my philosophy is:
This is mostly a culture of the mind, and to you all I say, YOU'RE ONLY AS TIKI AS YOU FEEL, AND I FEEL LIKE A F*%CKIN' TIKI FREAK BABY!!!!! HOW 'BOUT YOU??!!
Praise be to Denny, Baxter, Drasnin, Trader Vic, Mai Kai, Yma Sumac, Arthur Lyman, and all the other great people and places that formed the foundation of this great....thing. And to all you other fine people out there that are workin hard to find all the Tiki joints in your area and all the areas you visit outside your home base. And all you out there that are consulting Intoxica and Grog Log and stayiing true to all the original Tiki cocktail recipies. All of you that obsessively comb the flea markets, thrift stores, and trash bins looking to un-earth some lost tiki mugs, records, or other assorted gems.
Let your Tiki Freak flag fly baby!!
[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc on 2003-11-11 22:18 ]
Joined: Oct 14, 2002
From: Jawja Province, Isle of North America
|Posted: 2003-11-11 10:20 pm  Permalink|
Mark me Freak.
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: May 18, 2002
From: las vegas
|Posted: 2003-11-11 10:33 pm  Permalink|
fun quiz, reminds me of Cosmo mag!
Joined: Jun 24, 2002
|Posted: 2003-11-11 11:09 pm  Permalink|
Neither, I'm a "Chiki" tiki. Ok, who's a "Randy" tiki?
Joined: Jun 24, 2002
From: Huntington Beach
|Posted: 2003-11-11 11:31 pm  Permalink|
Freak on a leash!
Time to go to Rapa Nui.
How many points for tiki cuff links?
Joined: Feb 08, 2003
From: Hutikihi Island ~ near Seattle
|Posted: 2003-11-12 12:30 am  Permalink|
<< 56. Glued together a broken Tiki item? >>
ha ha haaaaaa Sadly, I've done this. I think I'm probably at Tiki Goddess status. I tried to get the Book of Tiki in hardcover but was unsuccessful. sniff.
Joined: Mar 25, 2002
|Posted: 2003-11-12 05:13 am  Permalink|
14 no's - Not bad for a Canadian. The saddest one I had to say no to was 'been to a tiki bar in the past month?'
Oh, and of course, not 'KNOWING' Polynesian Pop in person. That is tragic!
Joined: Mar 24, 2002
|Posted: 2003-11-12 06:47 am  Permalink|
I AM A GOD! & just a couple of points from freak.
i'm w/ whoever raised the point about many of the questions are dependent upon one's financial situation. also, many questions are seemingly californian-friendly (but of course that's kinda the nature of tiki). also, do you really have to be a shag fan &/or post a lot on tiki central to be an avid tiki enthusiast?
other potential questions:
were tikis incorporated into your wedding?
have you ever travelled to other countries to visit tiki bars?
do you hold an annual luau?
do you have a tiki-related term as a favorite search on ebay?
do you have dreams about tikis?
great quiz! & a good indicator of tiki interest.
[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-11-12 07:04 ]
Joined: Jul 15, 2003
From: The Exotic Shores of Lake St. Clair
|Posted: 2003-11-12 08:24 am  Permalink|
Just a God.
I promise to try harder.
(how about: does your pet have a Tiki name?)
Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...
[ This Message was edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2003-11-12 08:25 ]
Joined: Nov 12, 2002
From: Huntikington Beach
|Posted: 2003-11-12 08:40 am  Permalink|
This quiz is Rigged! Man.