FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Are you a Tiki freak? - Take the Quiz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Are you a Tiki freak? - Take the Quiz
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-02 3:13 pm   Permalink

Tiki Gawdess...but I have aspirations.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 6:16 pm   Permalink

Well i scored 21.. Pretty proud actually to be an Australian Tiki God!
Cool thread!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 4:11 pm   Permalink

Bumped for the new(er) members of the tribe.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-27 4:50 pm   Permalink

Casual tiki moving toward tiki god

View Profile of TikiRick Send a personal message to TikiRick  Email TikiRick Goto the website of TikiRick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:00 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! I'm like totally GAWD like
So I figure #65 is anything to do with Don Ho and not only did my dad produce one of his albums ( Take A Walk In The Country) but I actually got to sing on stage with him @ Don the Beachcombers a few years ago. Do I get bonus points for that and if so maybe I can be a frikin' freak baby, yeah!!!...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:26 pm   Permalink

GOD ! 19 no's. I'm OK with not being a freak. I'd get nothing done if I was.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-06-27 17:34 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 7:19 pm   Permalink

Only casual so far, but working on it!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 8:10 pm   Permalink

19 no's, as well...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blindy the pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 12:36 pm   Permalink

33... Not too bad. The mug questions got me. Ten no's in 11 mug questions. Now the question becomes do I spend less money on carver tools and start buying mugs?

View Profile of blindy the pirate Send a personal message to blindy the pirate  Email blindy the pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiyosai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-29 02:20 am   Permalink

29....not too bad for a canadian! holla!

View Profile of kiyosai Send a personal message to kiyosai  Email kiyosai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-28 12:36, blindy the pirate wrote:
33... Not too bad. The mug questions got me. Ten no's in 11 mug questions. Now the question becomes do I spend less money on carver tools and start buying mugs?

yeah, I noticed the heavy bent toward collecting, as well. Not that THAT didn't help me....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sandy4569

Posted: 2008-06-30 04:11 am   Permalink

Cool quiz! I am a Chiki Tiki haha

View Profile of sandy4569 Send a personal message to sandy4569      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 10:52 am   Permalink

Aboout 27 no's between BTH and CB@BTH (because her stuff is my stuff). We are Tiki Gods!

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-06-30 11:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-29 09:33, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-28 12:36, blindy the pirate wrote:

yeah, I noticed the heavy bent toward collecting, as well. Not that THAT didn't help me....

I figure that if your Tiki collection is minimized then your creating ability is compromised. Unless of course you are still exposing yourself to the historical imagery via non physical methods.

There are a lot of Tiki carvers out there producing utter garbage and I (hopefully) believe that most of it can be blamed on lack of exposure.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 11:28 am   Permalink

I gave up my mug collection. ( sold it) and sold a bunch of the rest of my collection.
A.) I dont want to compete with everyone trying to out collect each other
B.) my Tikiness is not defined by what I spend money on and collect.

I have been "collecting" my entrire life. I have accumulated and purged MANY house fulls of cool stuff. and what Im left with is the cream of the crop. Each piece is supurb and could stand alone. This way my house doesnt get too cluttered.
and instead of focusing on the accumulating part I can spend my energies on creating environments and perfecting the rooms so they look great even empty. ( obiously Im still working on that, considering every room in my house is still half finished)

Great pieces find their way to me without any effort on my part.
PLUS Im constantly making stuff. and if I really want a paticular piece I try to find a way to trade for it. so I dont knowwhere on the scale that puts me as far as being more or less tikier that thou Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation