FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki tiki cocktail lounge, modesto, ca, (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
tiki cocktail lounge, modesto, ca, (bar)
travsabear

Posted: 2006-09-11 07:16 am   Permalink

The Tiki, is a great place to come enjoy the drinks, the atmosphere, and the music. I have been to a few Gay clubs and the Tiki is up there with the best of them. Definitely no Bull. No attitude here, just friends that are beautiful inside and out. The problems of the past are just that, the past. That includes the drug scene. The Tiki, has morphed into a place to meet quality guys and gals. Gay or straight, I strongly recommend that you stop in and check it out. Remember its the people that make the party, and speaking of parties, there are themed parties on a regular basis. Tuesday is guest bartender night, so if you want you could be on the other side entertaining and making new friends with Gus.

View Profile of travsabear Send a personal message to travsabear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bar Pasadena

Posted: 2008-08-24 8:42 pm   Permalink

Tiki Lounge - Modesto

We just visited. It has excellent tiki cred as far as decor, but it the bartender did not know how to make a scorpion or several other tiki drinks we asked for. The Mai Tai we got was tall and cheap, but it was pure rum and not a lot of style. That being said, it was damn cheap! The people in the bar were friendly, but it is definitely a gay bar.

We headed down to Minnie's after for dinner. It is a MUST SEE! Great patio, good food, friendly staff. A classic old tiki restaurant that hasn't changed since it opened, according to my father in law who is from Modesto. LOL!

View Profile of Tiki Bar Pasadena Send a personal message to Tiki Bar Pasadena      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-22 11:22 pm   Permalink

Copied from Tiki Finds;
"
Quote:

On 2008-08-30 11:25, bigbrotiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-29 16:16, Jungle Trader wrote:
Cleen, okay I'll stop. They broke my piggybank anyway. Besides you could always go for the new brightly colored Jimmy Buffet style paintings, ahem, (since most of the velvets are gone).....or the tikis I carved or the expertly mixed fresh fruity concoctions.

WHAT in heaven happened to the velvet nudes? They had a singular collection, it made the place! Is it really becoming devoid of authentic Polynesian pop like that? Someone here just lauded it as an "untouched, old style" Tiki bar...

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:42 am

BigBro, there was a break-in last year. It took the cops 30 minutes to respond. Fear won. Meaning, sell some stuff just in case. There are still some Tyree velvets remaining. If you didn't know, I'll announce it, Minnie's has been for sale for quite some time. No takers. It's old, old, old. Upgrading is expensive. But oh what a dream it could be. "

How is it looking these days?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 08:41 am   Permalink

It's still there with all the same tikis outside in the motel parking lot. Same owner as before. Keigs and I walked in and had a beer just Saturday. Nobody there at 5pm. It's still alive and it remains tiki.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 12:04 pm   Permalink

Cool! Thank god for cultural backwaters like Modesto. This is the site of the "TIKI COCKTAILS" sign in the Tiki sign collage page in the Book of Tiki. How many of the three Tikis at the Tropics Motel are left?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 1:06 pm   Permalink

I didn't count, but I thought there was more than 3 in the motel parking lot.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 5:52 pm   Permalink

Well great -maybe they had babies! That means they are all still there. Thank god for the dry climate in these parts. Back in the day of my early Tiki expeditions, I photographed only three. One day I will scan the slides...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

If they had babies they were via Caesar, you know that dude who was in Rome? I'll drive by next week and count them and take pics. Good thing I have fingers.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 1:02 pm   Permalink

Instead of starting a whole new thread for The Rodeway Inn I'll post the tikis here as it's right next door to The Tiki Lounge. Sven, there are 4 tikis in the parking lot of the Inn. Here's proof.

And the entrance to The Tiki Lounge in the back

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 1:26 pm   Permalink

Tikis Are Welcome

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 1:33 pm   Permalink

This bar was my very first tiki bar experience in California when I moved here from the East coast a few years ago.

This was before I knew that places like Forbidden Island or even Trader Vics existed within a short drive from me .

I have to say that anytime I have gone in there the people who work there are extremely nice and although I prefer FI the one bartender there actually makes a pretty decent mai tai.

I am glad its still around...I just wonder how it survives since I have never seen more than 5 people in there at one time.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 7:55 pm   Permalink

More like a gay-tiki friendly place.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 11:23 pm   Permalink

How great that they are still in relatively good condition. Now this thread needs the postcard rendering of the place.

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 04:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-03 19:55, hiltiki wrote:
More like a gay-tiki friendly place.

I wonder if those headbands on the tikis are some kind of gay tiki code.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 08:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-03 23:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
How great that they are still in relatively good condition. Now this thread needs the postcard rendering of the place.

Bigbro,

Here is the postcard rendering from the old Tropics Hotel next door. Interesting thing about this card - I have two of these cards with the same painting but one says its from Modesto and one says its from Blythe on the back. Ken Kimes must have been saving money on the advertising budget.

Here is another tiki action shot from the Modesto Tropics. Good to see that this tiki is still alive.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation