FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not tiki art, but retro art!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Not tiki art, but retro art!
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 09:53 am   Permalink

Haven't had much spare time to paint lately, but here's 2 I did for a charity art show coming up in a few weeks (proceeds go to street kids). They are called 'Le Car' and 'Le Fromage'.

I used some old clippings from 60's magazines, so they are more of a colage type deal. I intend to add 3-D sparkles of cheese falling on the yellow lady, so theyre not quite done!

Input is appreciated, cause I think I will do more of these collages, tiki style. I have lots of pics of crazy luau recipes and such that could be fun to cut and paste on a painting...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 10:27 am   Permalink

Those are great! I tear apart all my magazines for the jewelry photos and articles to keep for my jewelry library. I've got over 200 file binders with historical info and images. I also save the fun images for collage. When I'm done with the mags I give the remainders to another artist friend who also does collage. Complete recycling!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 11:09 am   Permalink

VIVE LE FROMAGE!!!!!
Ms. Fish, you absolutely bowl me over.
Can you do one entitled Le Crapaud?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 12:28 pm   Permalink

I likey. Simple but affective. A winning combo. Its hard to find an art style thats easy and fun to do, but that is still good.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 12:48 pm   Permalink

The green bubbles seem very Bossa Nova.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 8:50 pm   Permalink

VERY COOL, Tikifish! That's better than anything Warhol ever did!

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 9:26 pm   Permalink

That car, is it a Dauphin?

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MonkeyPaw
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-12 10:29 pm   Permalink

I think your paintings are great!! The "cheese" lady is the best. Do you have any more pics?

View Profile of MonkeyPaw Send a personal message to MonkeyPaw  Email MonkeyPaw     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 05:03 am   Permalink

Looks pretty cool to me. What media was used? I'm originally from Toronto as well (26 years). Miss good hockey coverage but certainly not the weather. Place us on your email list: info@mmoderngallery.com

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 06:22 am   Permalink

It's just acrylic on canvas and then paper glued to it. Soon to be cheese bits glued on too. Well, beads or sparkles. I can't resisit gluing things to other things. At least I didn't eat the paste in primary school.

The car is a Renault LeCar... remember those?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-13 06:22, tikifish wrote:
I can't resist gluing things to other things.

Note to self: Exercise caution before sitting down at the Saucer House.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:14 am   Permalink

I likey, Jane. Le Car? Le Junk? At least the latter ones imported to the US. I think King Kukele owns one. I think real cheese , babay!

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-11-13 10:17 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 3:14 pm   Permalink

Very nice - I like too!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 2:26 pm   Permalink

Neato!....

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

http://alteregos.taxi.ca/index2.html

Here is the link for the art show in case there are any Toronto lurkers inthis forum who want to go...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation