FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New Pics of the Custom Built Tiki Carving Hut
New Pics of the Custom Built Tiki Carving Hut
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 07:47 am   Permalink

Here are a few pics of the new carving studio/Hut I am just finishing up here in my backyard in Jacksonville FL. Spent the last two weekends working on this thing between carving a few tikis. Mutlipurpose use. Carving hut one day, clean it out and use it for a tiki bar the next........Built totally out of pressure treated lumber except for the siding. Rather simple design I designed myself (no plans). I just winged it.....Turned out pretty rad I must say. Had the girlfriend on the roof with me hammering shingles in. She was a big help as usual.............Anyway it's 10'x10'. Getting ready to add a 10'x10' deck out front with another rafter roof supported by two 7' tikis. Aslo am installing light/electricity/stereo/small t.v./water and an Air Conditioner window unit. Anywayz, I just wanted to share.

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak on 2003-11-14 07:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak on 2004-01-09 12:36 ]

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 11:19 am   Permalink

Very Nice. What are you gonna side it with? I love seeing peoples back yard projects. Keep posting as you progress!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 12:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Seamus. I'm think about ripping some bamboo poles in half and siding it with those............

T.F

View Profile of tikifreak Send a personal message to tikifreak  Email tikifreak Goto the website of tikifreak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 1:20 pm   Permalink

sweeeet TF,
some glass floats will look nice hangin' on your new studio. I'm jealous! I would love to have a studio. gotta wait till I buy my house.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 12:56 am   Permalink

Niiiice. Love the Jap joisting; that's cool!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 10:27 am   Permalink

Cool. Glass floats, got any? I'd hang them dudes.......Thanks Gecko. I bought my house two years ago and have not stopped yet making it the way I want it. It's pretty laid back around here........ Hope you get yours soon:)

B.K.....It's been fun. Put up four fluorescents in the ceiling/walls this weekend and some shelving. Running electricity this coming weekend and installing a couple windows. Custom orders for tikis coming from everywhere. Not sure I can keep up........Can only do what I can do I guess. Gotta get this thing finished first so I can do some major dust slinging in there.

T.F.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation