[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Kiss Goodwill Goodbye
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Kiss Goodwill Goodbye
MonkeyPaw
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-15 11:37 am   Permalink

Holy Rollers! Now I've seen it all. I wonder how much of the proceeds go to charity and how much go to TV Evangelist that runs the show?!?

[ This Message was edited by: monkeypaw on 2003-11-15 14:49 ]

View Profile of MonkeyPaw Send a personal message to MonkeyPaw  Email MonkeyPaw     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 01:20 am   Permalink

I always thought it would be a good idea to work there as a pricer and get first dibs on the great stuff. But then I realized I would have to "work" there. I do not know about goodwill but Value Village has some pretty scary staff over here! The staff can pick out the clothes first and yet they dress themselves like crap.

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 10:16 am   Permalink

I believe that 5 piercings is the minimum requirement for employment at the Value Villages here.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 4:42 pm   Permalink

Body odor and a lack of teeth is a pre-requisite for employment at the thrift shops in my area of Philadelphia.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 8:43 pm   Permalink

Did you ever notice, or is it just a Toronto thing, that every time I am in a Value Village or Goodwill, there is no one in the store, but the line up at the cash is 8 deep? What is going on there?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 05:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-17 20:43, tikifish wrote:
there is no one in the store, but the line up at the cash is 8 deep? What is going on there?

Probably the same thing that was going on in the so-called nail salon nextdoor to my old office. Not too many ladies getting manicures, but some extremely scary looking guys hanging out & driving cars so fancy & expensive - I don't even know what kind of cars they were.

And always with the food offerings left on the sidewalk in front of the salon. Was it a religious thing, or some kind of code?

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 5:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-17 20:43, tikifish wrote:
Did you ever notice, or is it just a Toronto thing, that every time I am in a Value Village or Goodwill, there is no one in the store, but the line up at the cash is 8 deep? What is going on there?

I've noticed the same thing here in Maryland! I often stop by the Goodwill on the way to work with only minutes to spare and it never fails that the later I am the longer the line! On days like that I kind of hope that I don't find anything worth buying so I don't have to wait forever! And whenever you have a single item in your hands you always have to wait behind the smelly woman with a cart full of crap, all of which needs to be wrapped individually or is missing the black magic marker price on the bottom. I got so pissed on one such occassion when I had a single pilsner glass in my hand and I got into one of those races to the register...where you hope to beat the person with the bulging cart...as you can imagine she beat me and in the time it took the stinky lady and the idiot goth chick behind the counter to start unloading the shopping cart I could have paid my $.53 and been on my way. I tried desperately to make eye contact with the girl behind the counter hoping she would move me ahead and jingled the change in my hand to get her attention. In the meantime the lady starts pulling out something without a price on it, "how much is this? It don't got no price on it?" As the clerk turns to see if anyone can find a price for the plastic dinnerware she makes eye contact with me, I partially raise the glass indicating 'let me go first and I'll be out of your hair.' The girl ignores me and goes back to helping the friggin
"bag lady." I immediately raised the glass a little bit higher and smashed it on the floor. "Oops," I said and walked out.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 6:06 pm   Permalink

LOVE your "oops", Johntiki! Sometimes, it just has to be done!!

Are you joining us at The Honolulu on Thanksgiving Friday? I can't remember whom all ikitnrev said responded on the DC/VA/Maryland board, but I hope you can come!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation