FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Bali Hai, Lynnfield, MA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Bali Hai, Lynnfield, MA (restaurant)
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 3:31 pm   Permalink

It's really great to hear a good report about Bali Hai.

I had the often mentioned bad experience with the food but good experience with the booze, but I was there very late at night, and ordered some typical appetizers that might have had some age to them.

I wind up driving by there quite often so I'm definitely giving it some more chances! I actually drove right by it the night you were there and wondered if you were still there (around 10:00) but I couldn't stop because I drive an '81 VW Vanagon Camper that hasn't been liking this cold much and is never guaranteed to start again.

Thanks for the post, it offers a new hope!

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-02-20 15:33 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 03:27 am   Permalink

A menu from my collection:

When I went there in early 2005 the owner sold me 7 mugs and gave me the menu as a gift. Has a printed price, Souvenir Menu: $ 3.00 Dollars.
I really liked this place, It must have been nicer on it's heyday.

Z

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

Spotted this cool old matchbook on ebay a while back from the Bali Hai with a nice illustration of the A-Frame entrance.

The back of the matchbook has this rendering of the Tiki from the front of the building. Anybody guess the country/region of origin for this style?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation