[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Play'n with Stain
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Play'n with Stain
Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-16 11:37 am   Permalink

I went a little too dark on this guy. Oh well, maybe next time. This guy is solarized, his eyes glow orange at night...provided he gets some sunshine of course.

View Profile of Tiki Mon Send a personal message to Tiki Mon  Email Tiki Mon Goto the website of Tiki Mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 2:23 pm   Permalink

Now I like that one, Mon..that's got some mana..give me full body every time. I think dark is good...it says "old and weathered".

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-11-16 14:24 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 6:05 pm   Permalink

YEAH! I like this one too. Dark is good...

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 7:49 pm   Permalink

the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice! I dig it too, it looks mo' authentic, and less florida.

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrChevere

Posted: 2003-11-16 8:50 pm   Permalink

Hi. I'm new here. I've been carving away on my first tiki for a couple of months. I will post a picture of the finished product eventually.

What tools are you guys using to carve with?

View Profile of MrChevere Send a personal message to MrChevere      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-16 10:07 pm   Permalink

Mr. Chevere,
Welcome, bruddah! Everyone probably has his or her own favorite tool. When you are first starting out sometimes it's good to use tools you are most comfortable with and which are easy to control. Of course, there is no replacement for a really good set of wood chisels. Have fun and let the chips fly!

View Profile of Tiki Mon Send a personal message to Tiki Mon  Email Tiki Mon Goto the website of Tiki Mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 11:23 pm   Permalink

Sweet.... 6 foot plus? I gotta get my first 3D full body carved one of these days...
Love to see a night shot of the eyes...!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-17 08:02 am   Permalink

Lake,
Yeah, he was about 66" tall. Sorry, no night pics - I took him to an artshow last weekend and he sold in two hours. But at least I got a photo of him for posterity. The same customers also bought this mailbox holder...

tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 09:19 am   Permalink

nice!! i dont think its too dark i think its bad..looks kool az hell

Kreepytiki

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-17 3:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive feedback ya'll. Collectively you guys are probably the best tiki artists on the planet so I really value your opinions. Hey, anybody know how long it takes for oil stain to wear off human skin?

GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 4:03 pm   Permalink

sweeet color brah

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cajondrums
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-17 4:36 pm   Permalink

Very nice. Great job!

View Profile of Cajondrums Send a personal message to Cajondrums  Email Cajondrums Goto the website of Cajondrums     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 12:40 am   Permalink

Gojo hand cleaner will take it right off.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 10:15 am   Permalink

Try to wear some chem resistant gloves. Stain is bad fo yo nutz!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 10:53 am   Permalink

Does that mean I should stop drinking it?

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation