Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Port and Starboard lamps
eBay: Port and Starboard lamps
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 5:52 pm   Permalink

I've been frequently asked where I got my brass port and starboard lamps in my Tiki bar.... this is the source on ebay. They come directly from India, and with shipping come out to 24.50 each. Good quality with heavy bevel glass lens. I've seen the same ones sell in shops for $50+, though there are cheaper, not so nice ones out there too.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=bigboats8&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 5:59 pm   Permalink

I wish they weren't brass, but I suppose if I left them outside for a while they might turn a nice other color. ; )

Thanks!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 6:02 pm   Permalink

The lamps aren't lacquered, which is usually common for brass items to keep them from tarnishing. They should age real nice outside, or you can speed up the process with that chemical from craft stores for aging copper, steel & other metals.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation