FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving This one's for me...
This one's for me...
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 8:15 pm   Permalink

An Akatara weapon of the Cook Islands. This will make only the second one of these I have done in this size ever...my other is owned by the world's greatest Hawaiian playboy and tiki carver whose nickname starts with "G" 6 1/2 feet of the Oceanic equivalent of a .50-cal! I'll put pics on my post when she's finished.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-17 8:25 pm   Permalink

tiGhT yO', loOks like you could shave with that edge. nice job BK.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 11:37 pm   Permalink

Nice , is that ash? Details, it's all in the details.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 12:35 am   Permalink

Tony-It might shave you...or at least some of the meat off of you if it hit you! It's a heavy, big weapon. Chiki- that's one of the last longer pieces of that great Black Walnut I had. I love that wood. Finishes with an old, patina'd look.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rattiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 02:30 am   Permalink

Damn it BK list some of this stuff on eBay! I can't get the stupid Mai Kai site's store to work and I want some!

View Profile of Rattiki Send a personal message to Rattiki  Email Rattiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-18 04:57 am   Permalink

Awesome! Damn bruddah, that weapon is the stuff the ancient legends were made of. I just thought of something - your weapons would get past a metal detector, no problemo....hmmmm hehehe. How heavy is it? What kind of finish are you planning?

View Profile of Tiki Mon Send a personal message to Tiki Mon  Email Tiki Mon Goto the website of Tiki Mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 08:35 am   Permalink

Nice one BK.

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation