FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Skipper Kent's, San Francisco, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Skipper Kent's, San Francisco, CA (restaurant)
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 9:20 pm   Permalink

Mahalo TB and mangogirl. Nice work. Wow, there is a ton of stuff in there. Interesting pics and I like comparing these these two. Almost the same angle and that old beam, still going strong.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 10:12 pm   Permalink

TB and Mangogirl,

Thanks for posting those great photos. Hope to see more coming.

This is a comparison of a photo that the late Bifcozz posted in the Zombie Village thread of the bar with the one that Mangogirl just posted.

Looks pretty similar to me. Wonder if it was mislabeled as Zombie Village or if both places had the same layout.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 10:33 pm   Permalink

Good question! Looking at the ship's wheels closely, they seem to be two different ones - so I'd say one place was modeled after the other.

Man, I wish I could zoom in and enlarge every shelf in that curio shop!

"We will trade for South Sea Curios" - I say!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-10 11:22 pm   Permalink

I think you're right guys, I always thought the Zombie Village shot was mislabeled, but now it definitely looks different from Skipper Kent's.

Here's some renderings of Zombie Village:

...the two bars looked so close to each other, they could share artist's renderings:

-Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-23 4:22 pm   Permalink

I got a new PC recently - another angle of a dining room...

Notice the famous dinner menu and smaller drink menu... as well as two Genghis Khan mugs:

Enjoy-
~Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-23 6:13 pm   Permalink

Tradr Bill,

Great postcard, glad you won it. Really shows the amazing interior landscape skills that Skipper Kent brought to the place. He obviously had a green thumb (as exemplified by his Garden show entries).

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-08 1:07 pm   Permalink

Finally found one of these ashtrays pictured here:

-Trad'r Bill

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 12:56 pm   Permalink

I picked up a nice little 3 set of luncheon and drink menus from Skipper Kent's.

I don't remember seeing this little piece of advice for longevity.

The choice is clear....RUM!!!

I also like it that a Polynesian Maiden would help you with your buffet selections, what service.

DC

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-06 7:29 pm   Permalink

Phew! I'd be dead by now if I wouldn't have started early! Next: How the VOLUME of rum you imbibe greatly extends your life expectancy!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 7:06 pm   Permalink

From the 1940's. A matchbook featuring both the SF location and Oakland.

The inside reads: WE TRADE IN AND SELL SHRUNKEN HEADS. TAPA CLOTH. HULA SKIRTS. BANKOK JEWELRY INDIA BRASS FROM BEN-ARES. WOOD CARVINGS NATIVE WEAPONS. RUMPUS ROOM DECORATIONS TROPICAL FOOD ETC. ALSO HAWAIIAN SHIRTS. "SKIPPER KENT"

Wouldn't you love to shop there today!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation