FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » eBay: eBay: Is there any reason no one's bid on this?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
eBay: eBay: Is there any reason no one's bid on this?
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-20 12:11, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-11-20 00:27, Doctor Z wrote:
Hmmm... I think I know what Bong is getting for Christmas...

A Y chromosome?

Now that would be a unique gift!

2 "Y"'s? Would that make Bong "too wise"??

Actually, 'huntingtonbeachlocal' is Madam Bong's "nom d'eBay", and I expect we'll see him sportin' these new threads mighty soon...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 2:22 pm   Permalink

YAY! Then I'll get to see it on somebody I know and like!

Formika~
I'll always remember how to distinguish between X and Y, since my surly biology teacher referred to the male chromosome as a "broken (or defective) X".

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 4:12 pm   Permalink

All I remember my biology teacher saying was, "How do you make a hormone?...Don't pay her!!" He cracked himself up every time.

Maybe that's why I didn't remember my X vs. Y chromosomes, but I do remember bad hormone jokes...

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-20 4:40 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-11-20 13:44, Doctor Z wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-11-20 12:11, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-11-20 00:27, Doctor Z wrote:
Hmmm... I think I know what Bong is getting for Christmas...

A Y chromosome?

Now that would be a unique gift!

2 "Y"'s? Would that make Bong "too wise"??

Actually, 'huntingtonbeachlocal' is Madam Bong's "nom d'eBay", and I expect we'll see him sportin' these new threads mighty soon...

[/quote

Doctor Z,

Let me spare you a third post - Yes, huntingtonbeachlocal is my wife. I didn't know she was bidding on the jacket. She doesn't log onto Tiki Central to know another member bid on it. I'm sorry. What the fuck else can I say?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 5:14 pm   Permalink

Whoa... hang on there, Bong! I didn't mean anything negative in any way - I'm stoked you're gettin' the jacket! Rain was just curious as to who the winner was & I thought I'd let him know it was staying in the family and going to someone who would wear it well! Hopefully you'll get it by next week and wear it down to San Diego.

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-11-20 17:16 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 8:48 pm   Permalink

Perfect for the stage Bong! I know a shop around where I live that has one of these for pretty cheep. May be I'll end up grabbing it.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-20 17:14, Doctor Z wrote:
Whoa... hang on there, Bong! I didn't mean anything negative in any way - I'm stoked you're gettin' the jacket! Rain was just curious as to who the winner was & I thought I'd let him know it was staying in the family and going to someone who would wear it well! Hopefully you'll get it by next week and wear it down to San Diego.

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-11-20 17:16 ]

We cool bruddah Z, I like you and your wahine and you know it!

trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-24 8:31 pm   Permalink

I got one of this guys jackets a month or two ago. Of course it was not my size but fit my son, PuPu Joe just great! He wore it in Las Vegas with a big lapel shirt and some Elvis shades a received many a comment. How come they don't have more for us "full figured" guys? Most of my family have been garbed by my wishfull hoping that the LARGE will be large enough.

T

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-24 8:42 pm   Permalink

i hear ye, trustar - my arms are too long for most clothing. curse these simian genes.

z - thanks for the info, and bong - sorry, mang, wouldn't have bid again against the wahine had i known it was a tc-affiliated person.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-25 09:26 am   Permalink

No worries Rain. It was, as we say in accounting, just a timing issue.

My wife knew I'd wanted one for the last couple of years, so when she saw it up for bid, she bid. (Damn wahini spends hours on ebay.)

I'm 5'9" and do not have overly long arms, and it just fits. If you're taller or longer-armed (?), it probably wouldn't have fit.

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-24 20:31, trustar wrote:
How come they don't have more for us "full figured" guys?

They don't have much for us full-figured gals either. You'd think they would, what with the obesity epidemic and all. They're missing out on (literally) tons of potential customers!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation