Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shecky Alert! Another one spotted on ebay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Shecky Alert! Another one spotted on ebay
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 1:06 pm   Permalink

Looks like one of our own has sent Shecky to the wolves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3254903912&category=29460

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 1:09 pm   Permalink

Now THERE's a big effin' surprise.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 1:52 pm   Permalink

According to the Shecky registry, it's KokomoTikiBar&Grill's. Sell on!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 1:59 pm   Permalink

Maybe I'm just a dumb newbie, but isn't $75- $150 kind of high for a Shecky? Last week one went for under $60, I believe.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 3:17 pm   Permalink

I guess Kokomo decided to sell it since because he no longer is on the forum. I remember he left in a huff.

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 4:44 pm   Permalink

Yowz! I guess I missed Kokomo's departure. I just did a search and found the thread where he stormed out. So I stand corrected, the mug is not for sale by a TC member. My bad.

~tg

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hey I got a mention!

ALthough I really don't think anytone types 'TIKIFISH' into Ebay much.

Kokomo should learn more about using key words!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

Gee, that's funny, back when he said he was willing to trade, I sent him an email asking if he was willing to sell outright, and his response was he already had someone lined up to pay $110, but I was more than welcome to offer more.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 8:31 pm   Permalink

Thank god Kokomo is gone. I was getting so tired of his 'bump' 'bum' 'bump me to the top baby' crap all the time. He just used TC as a place to hawk his mugs, nothing more.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 9:02 pm   Permalink

Fartsatune, you know I love ya, and your standing up for Kokomo is very sweet, but it's true: he was selling his Sheckys before he left in a huff. I was one of the people who discussed it with him before I realized I didn't want him to profit off Shecky.

emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 09:33 am   Permalink

I had two Mondo Tiki Shag mugs to trade and Kokomo had Shecky #85 & #150. We were closing the deal on one Mondo for Shecky #85 and he pulled out and said he had it sold for $110. Oh well, maybe the eBay poster is the $110 buyer and not Kokomo???? I sure would like a Shecky, but not at that price...any Shecky owners need a Mondo???

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 12:38 pm   Permalink

Scotty,
Nedyahr is Kokomo. Guess he outsmarted himself..... (and I'll leave the joke making to the rest of you).

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 1:46 pm   Permalink

Anyone have a link to the thread where Kokomo left. I'd love to read it, while bored at work. I did a search and only found an angry thread where some Buffett Tiki guy went crazy and left.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 1:52 pm   Permalink

I have a much better idea...let's tuck Kokomo back into obscurity where he belongs. No good will come of bringing that ugliness back out into the light.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 3:10 pm   Permalink

Our litttle Shecky #85 has been re-listed (without being listed as re-listed) with the starting price at $5.00. I do want a Shecky, and I am willing to pay Kokomo the price he paid for it (but no more, obviously).

SO - what WAS the original price?

Oh, I should add, there's a Reserve, and there's a Buy-It-Now of $100.

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2003-11-20 15:13 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation