FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Carving Methodology
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Carving Methodology
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 2:52 pm   Permalink

Days of the old........

Looking good Mr. B.K.!

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 5:35 pm   Permalink

You are truly an inspiration. I'm glad to see you back sir. You are younger than most here and yet, you wield such masterful craft. Keep in more frequent touch man.

You inspire us. Truly!!!!

Many Mahaloz out to you brother!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

This tiki has eyes now! The sleepy eye look is achieved by carving a standard circular eye, drawing two lines around a half inch apart across the middle horizontally, and then sharply "rolling" the chisel down the edge of the eye away fron the edges of the lines. Once you have the lid surfaces even and balanced again you can divide the lids by just going across the middle with a very sharp palm gouge. Sorry no pictures of that process...forgot to record me wee little trademark...but easy to do. too.

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna 2005-09-22 17:44 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 3:53 pm   Permalink

Looking Good! The Mai-Kai will make the perfect home for this big Marq. Great to see you carving again, BK. I suppose you're just getting warmed up?...

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 6:07 pm   Permalink

Pretty much trying to cut my teeth again after two years...this tiki has a long way to go...working evenings on it..there'll be a rash of war clubs following shortly thereafter..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 6:29 pm   Permalink

Hey...this is starting to look like a tiki...And who's shirt is this? The close ups are of cutting in the chest contour. A deep contour makes a tiki look really proud and fierce.

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 9:41 pm   Permalink

BK-
Beautiful work!
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 1:44 pm   Permalink

This is where it all happens now...a humble little campaign desk with a humble shop clamp and billet clamp...here's me applying the grip checkering to a large serrated Solomon Islands style club...The only important thing to remember is to steady your piece with a clamp and draw out your checker lines in advance to make sure they all meet up from side to side of the club. Use a small palm parting tool. The second finger of your right hand will develop a permanent dent after a while, but hand work looks ten times better than power tool work when applying fine detail like this.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 02:22 am   Permalink

I thought would bump this one up.
Some real good info.
EB

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 2:55 pm   Permalink

Bump!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 7:16 pm   Permalink

Thanx for bumpin this up Mecula! I just filled up 2 pages of notes, cuz im lookin at getting into bigger stuff. BK and Benz...keep the knowledge comin. FreddieB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 9:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-19 18:29, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Hey...this is starting to look like a tiki...And who's shirt is this? The close ups are of cutting in the chest contour. A deep contour makes a tiki look really proud and fierce.

BK rocks!

the "Tiki Carving Forum" is on fire and is hard for me to keep on track.

All of you are GOING OFF!!!! In an Arrrr-some way!!

Out of Tiki Control!

Back to oooing and awe-ing.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-02 5:02 pm   Permalink

BK - You rock! I hadn't seen this thread before. What a great resource. Now I feel stoopid becuase I had the opportunity to ask you some questions but I didn't know what to ask. If I had only seen this thread before CoonTiki... Very cool stuff...Your mallet is cool too.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-05-02 19:50 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nameless

Posted: 2006-05-05 12:36 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: nameless 2006-05-08 20:48 ]

View Profile of nameless Send a personal message to nameless  Email nameless     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 6:43 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation