FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Two Weapons...
Two Weapons...
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 1:49 pm   Permalink

Two of my standards; the large, sharp-serrated Akatara (Cook Islands)I just finished and is for me own self (it's a difficult carve)...The Sali, or Strike Of The Snake (Fiji) is an example I did a while back and never photographed. I like this Akatara...The eye of Tongaroa (on the ricasso)is open on one side and closed on the other. Has a lot of palm tool work, too, I've had some shaky hands lately but they lent nicely to it's primitivity. A lot of the cryptic Cook Islands line carving on the butt-end, too, along with the phallus. The phlanges on the butt end served as a counterweight...this is a heavy weapon, over six feet long. The Sali is sort of an old standby on the walls of tiki bars..This one is a little more refined than my "decorator" versions, with a lot more decoration. Neither quench my thirst for perfection or my leans to bad self-criticism, but I am pleased.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-25 2:01 pm   Permalink

They are cool as hell. You did a great job. If you dont mind. I think next time you should use a light/plane background so you can see them better.

Great job

View Profile of pentaclegoddess Send a personal message to pentaclegoddess  Email pentaclegoddess Goto the website of pentaclegoddess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 7:12 pm   Permalink

KAREN (from Will & Grace):
"You know, I think I got a little misty... Down there."

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 10:53 pm   Permalink

wow base!! youse a helluva artiste ma man,what patience, attention to detail!! i gotta say. the problem is: whut to do with em ? hang em as sacred tiki artifacs, or use em on yer foes? I'd prob do both. they totally f'in rock...i gotta get one uv those..i recently got a cannibal fork from the pacific islands pretty nice wooden, brand new never used(i think) seeing the quality of work you put out, i'd know this would be something you can also master.although the one i got has no fancy tiki carvings on the handle like some of the fancier types I've seen, i still like it very much. I sure would like to see you put youre skills on one uv dem..Kreepy tiki jaksin

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 11:46 am   Permalink

great job Bk. az usuall

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 3:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the props, braddahs and sistahs. Pentacle-it's the light more than the background...it was bad that day. Jade-When I hit the lotto I'm hiring you as captain of my personal "Team Kahuna" cheerleading squad! Jaksin, why don't I make you a "long pig" fork (a big, elaborate one) and we trade? Geck-You got the only other Aka of that grade I've ever done! Da Hawaiian playboy sidearm! Kern Mattei picked up one of my decorator versions, too.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 3:05 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work. I always forget, is that checked carving called checkering or checking? The only weapon I've ever carved was a sharpened stick...

Now we need "Mad Kahuna: Beyond Tiki-dome", 2 carvers enter, 1 carver leaves!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 4:43 pm   Permalink

Checkering good ....Checking BAD...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation