FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » STENTIKI IN NEW YORK 1/18/04 - 1/21/04
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
STENTIKI IN NEW YORK 1/18/04 - 1/21/04
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-28 7:20 pm   Permalink

Aloooooha!

I've just finalized my plans for my trip to the Northeast in January. I'll be coming back over the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday weekend to New York, January 18-21.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with the "usual suspects" (and maybe some others) in NY/NJ.

I'll be in The City from Sunday through Wednesday, so I hope the Fishermen will be playing their usual gig at Otto's on that Monday.

Look forward to seeing you all again.

STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2004-01-05 14:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2004-01-08 17:33 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 09:06 am   Permalink

if things aren't too hectic here at the homestead, you're welcome to come down (we're about a 45 min drive south of nyc). also, i'll probably be able to slip up to the city for drinks. i still haven't seen the fisherman play, so maybe we can meet up for that.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 2:32 pm   Permalink

Hey stentiki,
You planning to be coming through CT? If so, let me know and we can grab a drink and maybe some dinner.

tikigreg

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 9:15 pm   Permalink

Tiki Chris,

Perhaps you guys can find out if the Fishermen are playing that Monday at Otto's or we can make our way to another Tiki establishment. Either way, I should be finished with work by about 8:00 pm. Unfortunately, I won't have a car. Do the trains run out your way? Perhaps Inky, Manic, and Shalom Aloha wanna carpool to Jersey again?

Aloha, Tikigreg!

Not coming to CT this time but perhaps we can pursuade you and your lovely wife to meet us at Ottos?!?

Lemmie know!

STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-12-02 21:16 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 10:30 am   Permalink

hey guys
steve from Otto's here
Fisherman will be playing on that Mon. the 19th at 9pm or so.
mahalo
steve

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-03 10:30, tastysp wrote:
Fisherman will be playing on that Mon. the 19th at 9pm or so.

Thanks Steve. I'm game for meeting up at Otto's to see Fisherman.

STEN et al - Check back w/ me later about coming down. The Missus & I can't get too wild on 'school nights.' But if things aren't too hectic, we'd love to have you & other TCers over for something light.

We live a couple of miles from a train station & would be glad to pick anybody up. The ride from NYC takes about an hour & 15 minutes & costs about $15 round trip.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-03 10:56 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 10:57 am   Permalink

You should try to swing across the Jersey border and visit Chan's Dragon Inn in Ridgefield. My personal favorite tiki land.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 12:40 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-12-03 10:54, Tiki Chris wrote:
Quote:

I'm game for meeting up at Otto's to see Fisherman.

STEN et al - Check back w/ me later about coming down. The Missus & I can't get too wild on 'school nights.' But if things aren't too hectic, we'd love to have you & other TCers over for something light.

We live a couple of miles from a train station & would be glad to pick anybody up. The ride from NYC takes about an hour & 15 minutes & costs about $15 round trip.

I hear ya, Chris. I can't get too wild on a school night either. I'd love to see your new digs. I'll keep you posted.

I'm definitely down with the Fishermen at Otto's on that Monday night(thanks for the info, Steve)!

Hey Liabungalo,

Great suggestion! I actually made the trek to Chan's in Ridgefield last January with Inky, Manic, Shalom Aloha. Awesome place! I think I saw Tony Soprano hangin' out at the bar.

Looking forward to January.

Inky and Manic where are you?

STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-12-03 12:44 ]

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 2:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Sten,

Things won’t be as hectic during the time you’re here as I had previously thought. In fact, Sunday won’t be a “school night” for us at all b/c Monday’s MLK Day.

If you would like to visit one night while you’re in the area, Em & I would love to have you over for a home cooked meal & some drinks. However, I’d still like to see the Fisherman on Monday night. Sunday’s ideal but Tuesday or Wednesday are doable. Let me know if you still want to come & what evening is best for you.

This invitation is extended to any/all TCers that may be able to come but PLEASE RSVP!

Later,
Tiki Chris

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 11:28 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Tiki Chris and Emi for your hospitality!

I may have interviews scheduled until 8:00 pm in the city on Sunday night, so that may be a little late. I'll double check my schedule and let you know for sure. I'd love to see your new Tiki Pad.

I'll try to talk Inky and Manic into going out there if they're up to it.

If Sunday doesn't work out then perhaps Tuesday (I'll be done by 6:00 pm).

Arty

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 1:13 pm   Permalink

sunday or tuesday would be fine. inky & manic are definitely welcome too. the other mysterious tcers in the nj/ny area are certainly welcome too: donhonyc, tikihead, anybody else?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-19 13:14 ]

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 4:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Chris,

I just checked my schedule for Sunday night and I am booked solid into the evening.

Perhaps Tuesday would be better. I could probably catch the train and be out there by 8:00 pm (perhaps earlier if I don't have scheduled interviews).

I know it's a school night, but I'll be leaving on the first plane back to The OC the next day, so nuthin too wild.

I'll keep you posted.

Monday night at Otto's for sure on January 19, 2004.

It will be a great way to celebrate Rapa Nui Year!

Arty

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-23 09:52 am   Permalink

I have Otto's on the 19th on my calendar. cool. that's definately a "go".
I'm not sure about Tuesday. I don't have my dance practice schedule yet. But, if I am free that night, I would love a Tiki Crawl to Tiki Chris and Em's.

M C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-23 2:37 pm   Permalink

Well, you're certainly welcome. And if you can't make it that Tuesday, well, then some other time.

See ya later,
Chris

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-23 2:38 pm   Permalink

btw, if ya brown bag it, you can drink on njt trains!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation