FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events STENTIKI IN NEW YORK 1/18/04 - 1/21/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
STENTIKI IN NEW YORK 1/18/04 - 1/21/04
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 10:16 am   Permalink

Count me in for riding the train to South Jersey!
T C:
what can I bring to help aid in the festivities?
ie booze, snacks, mixers???

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 10:55 am   Permalink

South Jersey? Don't get Uncle Arty lost!

Anyway, as far as what to bring ...

For starters we'll have Kahiki brand pu-pus & pleny o' other snacky things.

As for the main course, you kids are in luck b/c Tiki Emi is going to make her very yummy shoyu chicken!

Depending upon what's fresh & available, we may also have poisson cru (a new one Emi's itchin' to create) or salmon lomi (one of her best dishes)!

We'll cook rice or some sort of starchy staple too.

The main course will be followed by a light salad.

For dessert we're planning to have haupia & probably fresh fruit.

So, I think we're set w/ the food. However, if there's anything you can think of to compliment the above, feel free to bring it along. Or, if you're not a fan of haupia, you're welcome to bring another dessert.

As far as drinky-drinks go, I'll mix a few mai tais. Also, we'll have plenty of wine & digestives. But I'd never discourage anyone from bringing more booze!

See you soon!

Aloha,
TC

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 11:48 am   Permalink

Tiki Chris & Emi,

Wow! Sounds like one hell of a party!!! Your hospitality is beyond the beyonds!

Manic, glad to hear you'll be riding the rails with me. Hope others will join as well.

I leave for Boston tomorrow. Just checked the temperature..."4 degrees, but it feels like -15!" That's what it said!!! Yikes!

But it looks like it will be in the 20's by the time I get to New York. Shorts weather!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
daddyrollingstone

Posted: 2004-01-15 08:57 am   Permalink

we would love to tag along monday and tuesday but im working nights for the next couple of weeks. i dont get out till 12:30am. too bad

View Profile of daddyrollingstone Send a personal message to daddyrollingstone  Email daddyrollingstone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 4:36 pm   Permalink

Next time Daddy!
we love seeing new faces so stay in touch!
Manic cat

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 5:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Big Apple Ohana,

Just finished my last interview and i'm heading out into the cold Boston night. Actually, it warmed up to the 30's today (from 0 on Thurs!) so it feels pretty warm. Cant wait for Nyc!
i may go check out the Tiki Room here...I've heard bad things but gotsa see for myself.

ISee yous Monday for The Fishermen! Forgive te bad typing< i"m using one of those stupi web tvs<inky _ send your address again in a persnal message if you see this>

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-18 7:23 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, isn't that the dude we met last time??? Sorry T-Drummer, I owe you a drink, man!

It's OK Sten... Otto's usually makes sure I've got my 'sauce.' I appreciate the offer, though; see you guys on Monday...

--tikidrummer
www.fishermansburlesque.com

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki.head
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-19 10:42 am   Permalink

As usual, I am missing another local get together because I am somewhere else, namely in New Hampshire this week. Have a Mai Tai for me...

[

View Profile of tiki.head Send a personal message to tiki.head  Email tiki.head Goto the website of tiki.head     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 05:12 am   Permalink

hey. last night was fun.

inky: thanks for yummy drinks & pupus & for the hospitality!

sten: thanks for the mug!

manic: check yr private messages for directions here.

tikidrummer: great music! sorry i had to leave so early.

tiki.head: next time

take care,
tc

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-01-20 05:12 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-21 11:15 am   Permalink

thanks y'all!! it was fun.
(and sorry LA folks for raggin' on you on Tiki Shout)
eastcoast rulz!

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-21 7:01 pm   Permalink

Aloooha!

I'm back in sunny So Cal but just wanted to let you know what a great time I had with the NY/NJ crew!

Inky - As always, your potent potions are very tasty and take me to the land of exotica! Manic and I thought up a name for your new drink when we were on the train --"Russell's Banana." Thanks again for hosting us at the Ink Pad. Your Aloha spirit is legendary.

Tiki Chris - Many mahalos for your hospitality last night. Your chicken rocks! And you have a beautiful and very cool Tiki/Brady home. Thanks for the mai tais and the memories. It was great seeing Emi too. I hope we can spend more time with you all next time.

Manic Cat - You are a BAD KITTY, teasing the west coast TCer's like that! You crazy! It was fun riding the rails with you. Thanks for hangin with your favorite Uncle.

Otto's Shrunken Head - And of course, the Fishermen were awesome on Monday night at Otto's. Steve has added many recent improvements and that place just keeps getting better and better. Good talking with you Steve! Always a good time! Also good chatting with members of the Fishermen. Can't wait to see you here in Cali. Here are a few pix for your Tiki scrap book.

Close up of Crazy Al's Tiki. Steve from Otto's rigged his speakers in them.

Until next time...

Arty

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation