[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Honest opinions
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Honest opinions
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-29 7:47 pm   Permalink

I have never posted any of my paintings here before. But, here it goes. I'm looking
for honest opinions from others than my brother and friends. Honest but nice.
Anything that will help will be great. Thanks a bunch.

By the way the quality of the pic is really crappy.

[ This Message was edited by: pentaclegoddess on 2003-11-29 20:25 ]

View Profile of pentaclegoddess Send a personal message to pentaclegoddess  Email pentaclegoddess Goto the website of pentaclegoddess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-29 8:52 pm   Permalink

Very cool stuff...reminds me of classic (golden age) tatoo art a little, which I have always loved. Neato!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-29 10:23 pm   Permalink

You seem to do very well with landscapes and botanicals. I particularly like "Pagan Fest" on your website, and "Green Man" and "Gypsy Amulet". Would like to see more along the lines of the one you posted.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 10:20 am   Permalink

oh so my opinion doesnt Kount no more? das kool....no, too late, you already said it .I see how it is.."Kreeper of the tiki" Jaksin

Kreepytiki

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-30 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks every one for the positive input. I really want to know if there is anything that I should work on. My brother tells it like it is. I still can use some input from TC people.

Come on don't cry.lol You know what I mean. And I still ask you any ways. You are always the first one I ask.

View Profile of pentaclegoddess Send a personal message to pentaclegoddess  Email pentaclegoddess Goto the website of pentaclegoddess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 3:22 pm   Permalink

I like it.
Does have the forties flash feel.
One tip that helped me out the most was to always paint with the light coming from either the upper left or upper right corner. Once you start to do that it makes placing the shadows and highlights so obvious and easy. If you study old portraits and paintings in museums you can see that technique used often.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
meowdy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-30 11:44 pm   Permalink

nice piece - - how big is it?
it reminds me of tattoo flash too, in a good way - olivia too, in the transparent hose and such . .
my only note, i like the way on her front half, she clearly overlaps the flowers. on her back it looks a little timid.. that is, the flowers are sorta behind her, but their edges are aparent, and it creates a kinda odd tension. it also generates a few tangents, which are my personal nemesis. i wouldn't mind if they were "cheated" a bit to go fully under her like the flowers in front. i feel like it would help her silhouette a bit more, and draw attention to her face.
i like her expression,btw, it looks genuine.

keep on truckin' and post more!

View Profile of meowdy Send a personal message to meowdy  Goto the website of meowdy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-01 8:44 pm   Permalink

Ok I made some changes.

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 8:26 pm   Permalink

I love it! Do you have more? Miami? Couple/few of us going to Mai Kai for happy hour Saturday.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-02 9:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-02 20:26, McDougall wrote:
I love it! Do you have more? Miami? Couple/few of us going to Mai Kai for happy hour Saturday.

Glad to know you like it so much. Yes, I'm from Miami but right now I'm in Clarksville TN. No right now I don't have more. This is the first painting I've worked on after the Hukilau 2003.
Hope you guys have lots of fun its great over there.

Thanks again
Blessings pentaclegoddess

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 10:51 pm   Permalink

Looks good, trust Meowdy's advice, the boy can paint! PG no more Berlin?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-02 11:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-02 22:51, thechikitiki wrote:
Looks good, trust Meowdy's advice, the boy can paint! PG no more Berlin?

Thanks chikitiki
I totally got what he was talking about. Its true what he said. After he pointed it out for me I had to fix it. Im glad I posted the pic.

No I'm not in Germany any more. They send my hubby to Iraq so I took of to Miami. Worked with my bro and finally got to go to the Hukilau. I was dying to go. Sold some paintings and some ceramic kreepytiki oil infucers. Best of all got to meet so many nice people and had lost of fun.

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 12:02 am   Permalink

That is great. What kind of paint are you using? I am also an aficionado of the 'outlining everything in balck' school. But our stuff looks very different.

Me like.

Tell us more!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pentaclegoddess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-03 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-03 00:02, tikifish wrote:
That is great. What kind of paint are you using? I am also an aficionado of the 'outlining everything in balck' school. But our stuff looks very different.

Me like.

Tell us more!

Hello tikifish

Glad you like

It depends how I feel when Im painting. I dont always do the black outline. I sure like how it looks. I normally work on a streched canvas. Right now I used a canvas panel. And basic acrylic paints. I normally give the paintings a clear coat. But, I wait after I get a good pic of it. Don't want to get glare in the pic.

Nothing out of this world. lol

meowdy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-03 5:16 pm   Permalink

looks sweet! you did that fix fast and seamlessly -- nice one!
acrylic is a weird medium for me, i find it feels kinda slimy on my brush . .most of my stuff is gouache or watercolor.. sometimes cel vinyl, but it tears apart brushes so brutally i use it sparangly --

anyhow, keep goin' -- can't wait to see the next ones --

View Profile of meowdy Send a personal message to meowdy  Goto the website of meowdy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation