FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Whaddaya call those Big Round Wicker Chairs?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Whaddaya call those Big Round Wicker Chairs?
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 09:27 am   Permalink

We got 2 recently for $40 I think in an antique type store. Looked for cushions forever. Large round ones are hard to find, and cheap and the right look, even harder. Finally found some on sale for $8. It's always a quest!

What I want to know is why do I see them all the time that are 6 inches to a foot tall? When was the mini papa san chair rage? What did people do with them?

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2006-08-24 09:28 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 09:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-24 09:27, Swanky wrote:
What I want to know is why do I see them all the time that are 6 inches to a foot tall? When was the mini papa san chair rage? What did people do with them?

Those are to attract the Menehune, of course.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-24 09:48, Tikiwahine wrote:
Quote:

Those are to attract the Menehune, of course.

That makes sense. I'll have to get a few to put out in the gardens then!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 8:20 pm   Permalink

There are pics of people sittin' in those chairs at bars in "The Book Of Tiki"

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 9:16 pm   Permalink

I have about 4 of these.. if anyone is interested, I can always get more. They range from 15-45 at goodwill to antique stores... its good if you can hook'em up with the matchin' shelving units... Holla.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 02:32 am   Permalink

[quote]

The ones I've seen at the swapmeet have little hangers at the top and are used to hold potted plants ____Aloha____

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:32 am   Permalink

I used to think the peacock or queen chair was ugly, but looking at old images of tiki restaurants from postcards and images like the one below, I now find them quite sexy and sophisticated.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 2:35 pm   Permalink

!OH My LaNDS! still on about the most uncomfy tackiest chair in the world! Wait!, this would look great in my bedroom where that UGLY Lazy Boy was..Uummm just a thought.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-18 10:32, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I used to think the peacock or queen chair was ugly, but looking at old images of tiki restaurants from postcards and images like the one below, I now find them quite sexy and sophisticated.

Sabu

heehee ...no Sabu, I think you just find her sexy & sophisticated.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 5:51 pm   Permalink

Hah. This is true. She would probably make a folding metal chair look sophisticated and sexy.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 11:30 am   Permalink

Anyone have a line on a peacock chair?
Are they still being made?

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 2:47 pm   Permalink

You can call it a Peacock chair, a Queen chair or a Princess chair if you like but I will always call it a 7-Up Guy chair.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 6:29 pm   Permalink

I just bought a peacock chair today! I've been looking for a cheap one forever...Got two dining size ones at a thrift store, and found a full size chair at another store 5 minutes later! I't not even in my bar, but it is awesome.

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 3:18 pm   Permalink

I call them Morticia Addams chairs.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 3:26 pm   Permalink

Forgot to mention....

"Crisp and cleeeen, AH AH AHAHAHAHAHAhhhhhh!"

The chairs do pop up now and then at the thrift stores. I have probably seen 10 or so in the last two years.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation