Organs & Bongos
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-02 11:02, emspace wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-12-01 15:24, liabungalo wrote:
It features interviews with Brother Cleve on the death of Swing.

I dunno who Brother Cleve is, but swing is very much alive. Just avoid anything played on the radio.

em.

Brother Cleve Duncan is currently touring keyboardist for Combustible Edison, not to be confused with Cleveland "Cleve" Duncan of the Doo-Wop group the Penguins. Brother Cleve was a member of the Del Fuegos in the mid '80s, Djs at clubs around Boston, is working on a movie on the life of Esquevel, & is active in the Church of the Subgenius. I think Brother Cleve currently lives around Cambridge, Ma.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mzoltarp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

I recently discovered Organ & Bongos and fell in love with it. I assume it is no longer in publication?

View Profile of mzoltarp Send a personal message to mzoltarp  Goto the website of mzoltarp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-30 11:38 pm   Permalink

i have the Winter 95/96 and Issue #6 (published in 97) ~ with pictures of an event at the Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver BC.

i have no need for these, so message me, if you'd like to trade for something more Tiki!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-30 11:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-01 15:24, liabungalo wrote:
Any TCers work or edit it? I -g-

Terrance Gunn was interviewed in the issue i have from Winter 95/96.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-08 3:08 pm   Permalink

I have a few issues of Organ & Bongos in my collection. It was a very cool zine back in the day and I still drag 'em out about once a year to take a look at 'em. I still publish The Continental, about once per year, although the focus is more on surf/instro rock n' roll. The last issue featured Satan's Pilgrims and The Beat Tornados, and the new issue, due out next month, will have Southern Culture on the Skids and The Barbary Coasters.

Thanks,

Sean
Double Crown Records / The Continental Magazine
http://www.dblcrown.com
http://doublecrown.blogspot.com

[ This Message was edited by: Double Crown 2006-05-08 15:09 ]

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation