[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1st Ebay Mug Broken in Shipping
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
1st Ebay Mug Broken in Shipping
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 11:05 pm   Permalink

I received my first broken mug today from an Ebay auction. What should I do, TC elders? The cost of the Harveys Hula Bowl was $20 including shipping. I belive that it broke due to poor packing, "it was loose". The mug was pretty completely smashed. I guess I just keep drinking from the bottle for now!

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 11:14 pm   Permalink

Who was it shipped through and did you have it insured?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 11:23 pm   Permalink

It was shipped through the US Post office, and I did not spend money for insurance. Am I screwed?

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderval
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-04 06:45 am   Permalink

Sue the seller and ship the remains to Tikiangi. She is tiling up her bar room floor with broken mugs - a floor of sadness.

View Profile of Traderval Send a personal message to Traderval  Email Traderval     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 07:27 am   Permalink

Yes, I think you are

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 09:06 am   Permalink

I think this may be a sign from the tiki gods to quit collecting! You should probably get rid of all your mugs. My address is.....

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 11:08 am   Permalink

Oh the agony.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 2:52 pm   Permalink

I just got a couple of Daga mugs and one had two giant cracks. No insurance, of course. I thought they were packed really well, though, and the box wasn't damaged. Hmmmm...

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 6:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-06 19:07 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 10:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks, for the great advice. I will contact the seller and see what they may be willing to do.

Cheers,

KT

Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 11:39 am   Permalink

I feel your pain...

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 11:34 pm   Permalink

Hey, I got $8.00 back, I guess I should go out of my way to leave positive feedback. It never hurts to ask. Actual shiping cost was $12.00.

Cheers,

KT

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-08 6:46 pm   Permalink

So far I've had 50% of my ebay purchases screwed up. 1 mug I never received and the seller would not fix it, 1 set of 3 mugs with 1 smashed and 1 60 dollar turntable that supposedly worked before shipping that the seller wouldn't budge on. I guess that's why I haven't bought on ebay for a long time. Last time I got a book thru the mail it was ruined by UPS smashing it into my mailbox and all the pages fell from the broken binding upon opening. Getting stuff in the mail should be fun, but it's scary. I'd rather not have a mug then chance having it smashed in transit and the liltte tiki americana left diminished further. If u don't get insurance I think your screwed and all the shipping, insurance etc.. just makes the thrift all that more attractive.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-09 9:01 pm   Permalink

I've bought plenty of mugs on e-bay and have had only one show up broken. Poor packing was the fault. After e-mailing a digital photo of the broken mug the seller refunded my money immediately for fear of negative feedback.

I glued it back together that night and on the shelf, you'd never know it was ever broken at all.

Unless the box is physically damaged on the outside, the Post Office won't give you anything back no matter how much you paid for insurance.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-16 11:35 am   Permalink

I've been doing some shopping on ebay for awhile now and never had a problem... Until yesterday.

I know most of us have had this happen, but the story was kind of funny so I thought I'd share. A month ago I bid on a set of 4 Harvey's Lake Tahoe tumblers. I thought that these would be perfect for everyday use and they were going for $7.99 for the set, so I bid, won the item and sent off my check. Two weeks later the seller e-mails me that he miscalculated the shipping by $1.53 and could I send the money. Hmmmmm, shady I thought, but the original S&H was only $5, so why not. He actually waited for the second check to clear before shipping the mug.

This bring us to what happened yesterday. My wife calls me at work and jokingly asks why I ordered a box of broken glass from Washington? Arrrgh, it finally happened. Guess I'm glad that this is the first time. So anyway, I get home to open the box, but before I even open it, I can smell smoke. What I mean to say is; this box smelled like the seller smoked about 3 packs of cigarettes and exhaled every one of them directly into the box before sealing it. After removing the box from the house (to avoid fumigation costs), I opened it. 2 of the 4 mugs survived, which is surprising considering that all that was in the box beside the mugs was litterally a handful of shredded newspaper. I have no idea how the other 2 ever made it?

I e-mailed the seller and hopefully he can tear himself away from his smokes long enough to reply.

Bottom line... no big deal. I guess I just needed to vent.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation