FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » eBay: 50s Bullet Dresses!
eBay: 50s Bullet Dresses!
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 4:00 pm   Permalink

These lovely dresses (not my auctions) are a few inches too sparse to accomodate me, but they'd be excellent on one of the other girls here, I'm sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2874739530&category=48868&rd=1

This one is particularly great!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2874742492&category=48868&rd=1

If you get ‘em, I’ll be really really jealous of how cool you look at the next crawl…

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 4:38 pm   Permalink

Too small for me too. (I'm 37x29x37)
I got to start working out to fit into those!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 5:01 pm   Permalink

Those are my friend Bernie's dresses.
She always has some goood stuff!
I've got one similar to the red halter, only it's dark blue with tahitian natives playing drums. I love it!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-12-04 5:55 pm   Permalink

Hey you gals. I was gonna let Madame Bong know about the dresses, but do you gotta have a set of mondo cans to make the dress happen?

Cause if you do, I guess I won't tell her.

(I sure hope she doesn't read this thread)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 6:12 pm   Permalink

Uhm... Mondo cans? The correct terminology is "ample boobage", Bong.

I'd have her take a look at the dresses... if the measurements will work for her, she'll probably look great in 'em.

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 7:40 pm   Permalink

Bong, if you were following the discussion of these dresses in the 'What I want for Xmas' thread, it was determined that gals with thin enough waists don't have the boobage for these dresses, and girls with the boobage don't have small enough waists.

Life can be cruel sometimes.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 2:42 pm   Permalink

I stumbled into an eBay auction for repro-vintage stuff by Vintage Wonderland/LilliJean (a Seattle-based company). They create some really nice vintage-look items in a range of sizes! Yay! It's a little pricey, but, on the other hand, paying $100-$200 for a dress you love that fits(!) isn't really unreasonable.

http://www.lillijean.com/
(I personally like Betty, Ginger, and Lana!)

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation