FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Remembering The First Time

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Remembering The First Time
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-03 10:10 am   Permalink

mine was so good I can't remember it!

it most likely occurred up in salem oregon at the now defunct Tahiti, where I met some boys from grad school every weds night for poker, martinis and cigars. undoubtedly at some point I tried an actual tiki cocktail since they had an extensive tiki cocktail menu.

it's likely it could have been the Big Bear, a modern concoction named after the one law student who showed up there the most often - a large redheaded guy from Montana, who used to brew his own beer and throw awesome parties. I don't know what was in it, but it came in a large bowl, was light green, and I think it glowed in the dark. What counts is that it was made by a polynesian bartender (RIP) and served in the tikiest of tiki bars I've been in, and knocked you out on your ass after just one drink.

oops, wait, maybe it was a Fogcutter at Spats in Berkeley when I was underage - does that count? and/or pisco sour or scorpion, same place.

I was at spats last week and the antique comfy chairs are getting a little bit worn, dirty and stinky...

[ This Message was edited by: dangergirl299 on 2005-03-03 10:14 ]

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation