Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag Bidding War
Shag Bidding War
SoBeTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-01 06:17 am   Permalink

Check out this two-person bidding war on a Shag print.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=895806877

I'm very content with my print in its current location (framed and on my wall...although at this price I'm tempted to crack open the glass and make a "sacrificial" E-Bay offering.

[ This Message was edited by: SoBeTiki on 2002-08-01 06:19 ]

View Profile of SoBeTiki Send a personal message to SoBeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 09:20 am   Permalink

That is insane! I couldn't imagine paying that much for a print or putting in bids of $1000 and more. Must be nice to have so much disposable income...

Johntiki

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-08-01 11:38 am   Permalink

whats weird is, the winning bidder's last purchase on ebay was a box of seashells for 10 bucks.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-08-01 2:02 pm   Permalink

Insane, yes; but that's what they're going for. Check the thread called "Endless Shag Merchandise"... for an account of my own Shag-print eBay experiences. A Shag print of "Departure/Arrival/Stopover" went for $1900 in April. So a few weeks ago, I listed my copy of the same print on eBay. It went for $1500.

Now this has got me eyeing my own Sepik Explorer and wondering about its fate... nah, I'll probably keep it.

mig

[ This Message was edited by: mig on 2002-08-01 14:03 ]

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 9:57 pm   Permalink

I hear yah mig. I think I'll keep my Vice Monkeys till my daughter is getting ready for college. Only got 16 1/2 years to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=896352648&rd=1

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 11:05 am   Permalink

This bidding war is a perfect example of how not to go about bidding on ebay. If either of them had waited to bid until the final seconds of the auction, that bidder would have paid considerably less.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation