FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » This drink sounds disgusting!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
This drink sounds disgusting!!!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-10 11:50 am   Permalink

Slightly OT: I just had my first Jones Turkey & Gravy Soda. It's predictably nasty. Maybe the other bottle will go on ebay. (it's selling for around $25!) Tastes like salted caramel soda.

http://www.jonessoda.com/files/turkey.html

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-10 12:46 pm   Permalink

Traderpup, I found out about Tom Boy as the Arizona Sunrise. I'm sure it has other names too, but it's not bad.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 10:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-10 11:50, martiki wrote:
Slightly OT: I just had my first Jones Turkey & Gravy Soda. It's predictably nasty.

It's back for 2004 -- now with all the trimmings!

* Turkey & Gravy Soda
* Cranberry Soda
* Mashed Potato & Butter
* Green Bean Casserole
* Fruitcake Soda

(ech!!)

http://www.jonessoda.com/files/turkey04.html

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 4:52 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-11-10 10:21, cynfulcynner wrote:
Quote:

It's back for 2004 -- now with all the trimmings!

* Turkey & Gravy Soda
* Cranberry Soda
* Mashed Potato & Butter
* Green Bean Casserole
* Fruitcake Soda

You know, this seems to be a much unexploited area for seperating fools from their dollars. If people are willing to fork over 25 semolians for a bottle of gravy flavored soda, what's stopping us from raking in the dough with even more noxious concotions?

We could line them up around the block for a $50 bottle of "Dead Camel's Ass" flavored soda. Or "Public Urinal".

I mean really people...

Now where's my Clamato?

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 5:01 pm   Permalink

I've got a full (unopened) 2-liter bottle of tarragon soda that was leftover from Iuka Grogg & MMML's going away party.
Tarragon??
I was thinking of having an "Iron Chef"-type contest to see who could make the best drink with it, but I'm afraid they'd all taste like crap...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 6:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-10 17:01, Doctor Z wrote:
I've got a full (unopened) 2-liter bottle of tarragon soda that was leftover from Iuka Grogg & MMML's going away party.
Tarragon??
I was thinking of having an "Iron Chef"-type contest to see who could make the best drink with it, but I'm afraid they'd all taste like crap...

Well, I've been collecting old bartending books for awhile now, and it seems that the "savory" cocktail was much more common than I'd have guessed in my early days of mixology.

The whole using beef broth thing claims quite a few recipes in some of my older manuals. I've seen chicken stock versions as well. I guess mixing savories is much like the popularity of egg whites in classic cocktails, people just don't do it often anymore.

The Bloody Mary and Maria seem to be the only true survivors of the faded trend. Perhaps I'll look through some books and see what I can find that might be a worthy candidate into the "weird savory cocktails" file.

Still though...tarragon soda??

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Addendum:

Tarragon soda might work with Akvavit for a fizz of some sort. Maybe with a little lemon.

I dunno.

I've made a basil mojito before just for grins that got favorable reviews. Who knows?

Ahu

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 4:01 pm   Permalink

BUMP

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

We could line them up around the block for a $50 bottle of "Dead Camel's Ass" flavored soda. Or "Public Urinal".

I mean really people...

The other day my kids made me buy a box of "Harry Potter" jelly beans, they are called "Bertie Botts Everyflavor Beans" half the flavors are nice like "pineapple" or "tutti fruitti". It is like a game of russian roulette in a box the other beans are flavors like "soap", "ear wax" and "vomit". My daughter ate one made a face and spit it out and said "how gross, this tastes just like soap" then she ate another one.

If your Camel's Ass soda had a Harry Potter logo on it my kids would buy it.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 06:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-18 18:07, captnkirk wrote:
If your Camel's Ass soda had a Harry Potter logo on it my kids would buy it.

And me without Photoshop here at work.

Ahu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation