FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events RoseBowl Swap meet. Sun Dec 14 free tiki necklace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
RoseBowl Swap meet. Sun Dec 14 free tiki necklace
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-14 2:15 pm   Permalink

it did rain, but not until around 12:30.

I was wandering around, and felt the temperature drop, and that was my cue to get over to the section tiki tony was set up in.

That and the formerly dry wash turning into a river told me to get movin. I managed to find his booth, and had a nice conversation with him. His stuff is great to see inperson, and the free necklace was a cool touch.

It rained about ten minutes after I found him. And I guess I missed a certain bigbro by a few minutes.

The rain was a shame, but I'm glad I got to see the carvings and clothes.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2003-12-14 17:37 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-14 6:34 pm   Permalink

yup, rain rain. by the time I got home to Ventura, it was Sunny and warm. I'll be posting pictures of my remaining stuff at those lOw low swap meet prices. Thanks for all the support from you TCers who showed up. It was great to meet the Trader Pups, MTKahuna, Tikigardener, and of course, I almost wet my pants when I saw, bigbro looking at my stuff. Without the support of TCers I would have barelly made rent.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-14 11:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-14 18:34, tikitony wrote:
Without the support of TCers I would have barelly made rent.

I really feel bad about that. I wish that I wasn't as uncertain about company bonuses this year. Otherwise I would have bought some serious tiki. With it being that time of year, I have to limit the gifts to myself.

But I do want to see the drawings of your frame ideas.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 08:01 am   Permalink

Tony, I was set to go to Rose Bowl yesterday but the starter on my wife's car gave out. That damn p.o.s! Another expense at the time of year when it hurts the most. I'll have to catch up with you on the next one -- I still want to check out your stuff.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 12:10 pm   Permalink

POS? I didn't want to mention it but that Honda has the worst reliability record of all Hondas(Isuzu)

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 7:08 pm   Permalink

TikiTony,
Ku carvings brah... I definately wanted to get one of your pieces (lamp). I was going to head back to your space when suddenly the clowds opened up & the gods began to cry...
We had to scamble to pack up.

OY!!! What a freakin mess.
Don't get discouraged. The weather and season were not in your favor.
Try sell again.

MTKahuna

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-12-15 19:13 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 8:55 pm   Permalink

What about the Mrs. and me? Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you. The shelf we bought looks great filled with mugs. Thanx again for the necklaces.
Tell Marcus that we love our tiki shirts from Adrift.
Too bad the rain came. I think my mom would have bought one of your tikis for her deck. The next time she comes to visit, maybe we'll take a ride out to Ventura.

TikiPug

P.S. What a bonus to run into Sven while shooping at your booth.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-16 10:31 am   Permalink

oOps, I ment Tikipug, not Trader Pups. My props go to the almighty Tikipugs for all there support.

Live like a Beachcomber!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-16 10:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Tony,
Did ya get those drawings outta yer van?
Still want to see 'em.

tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-16 11:08 pm   Permalink

patience daniel-son. I'll send 'em your way asap... well as soon as I'm near my scanner!

Live like a Beachcomber!

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-17 12:15 pm   Permalink

Coooooool. The longer you take, the closer I get to knowing if seasons bonuses are going to be handed out.
Wish I worked at that shoe factory in Maine.
TG

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation