FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Torches at Twilight - Aug 3rd in Baltimore
Tiki Torches at Twilight - Aug 3rd in Baltimore
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-01 11:11 pm   Permalink

I just heard of this event, which sounds like lots of fun. It's a bit pricey ($60), but its a fundraiser for a good cause. Plus, it is put on by a group of people who I believe come from the more wild 'John Waters' side of Baltimore rather than the more conservative 'Cal Ripken' side of Baltimore. The 'Fluid Movement' is a troupe that put on circus-themed synchronized swimming type performances.

The Creative Alliance's Annual
'Tiki Torches at Twilight'
benefit and Fundraiser

Saturday, August 3rd at 7pm

Featuring:
- The swinging sounds of the Hula Monsters
- The hilariously tragic- "Tiki Torture"
by Fluid Movement starlets
- The amazing Babalu Floorshow with island dancers and novelty acts extraordinaire!

Info:
www.creativealliance.org
www.fluidmovement.org

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-02 08:19 am   Permalink

Where did you find out the info. on this event? I tried the two websites but neither could explain in concrete English what the hell this event is all about, where it is being held, etc.

Johntiki

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-02 9:47 pm   Permalink

The best description of the event is presented as the last item of the following page.
http://www.creativealliance.org/prog/special_events.html

I called the Creative Alliance, and they provided more information to me over the phone.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-03 06:41 am   Permalink

Awwwwwwwww Crap. How come I find out about something like this the day I am leaving for vacation. Oh well. I'll just put this in my list of missed events.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation