[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Need Hangover Help
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Need Hangover Help
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 07:17 am   Permalink

It's the morning after my company xmas party. I need help. The culprit? A pantload of white wine. Luckily I didn't do shooters or anything stupid, or it could have been a lot worse.

Here's the symptoms: a rather localised headache, around the front of the head, feels like a Star Trek 'Geordi LaForge' headband is gripping me tight around the forehead there.

Bit of a sore throat from the cigarettes, and a general body buzz that I assume will just turn to fatigue in a few hours.

Is there a doctor in the house?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 07:44 am   Permalink

I've heard that you should drink quite a bit of water, because part of a hangover is due to dehydration. Not a quick fix by any means, but oh well.....(my 2 cents, and that's probably all it's worth!).

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-11 07:44, Sam Gambino wrote:
I've heard that you should drink quite a bit of water, because part of a hangover is due to dehydration. Not a quick fix by any means, but oh well.....(my 2 cents, and that's probably all it's worth!).

http://www.samgambino.com

yeh, gatorade can't hurt.
(no sports endorsement implied)
good luck, j$

ADDENDUM

stay away from some pain relievers - I believe that Allieve and a handful of others will blitz your liver if you take them with high alcohol content in your bloodstream... i'm sure someone else out there has mo info...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2003-12-11 08:10 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 07:57 am   Permalink

Resolve....they re-hydrate you really fast, lots of water and bananas.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 08:04 am   Permalink

Have a fried breakfast followed by a couple of beers at lunchtime. (Or even better - Bloody Marys)

NB *This may not be the healthiest option*

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 08:12 am   Permalink

I totally agree with Trader Woody. A cooked breakfast and hair of the dog always works a treat. And it's the most civilised cure to a hangover.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 08:16 am   Permalink

I read somewhere to stay away from caffine, no coffee or tea (unless herbal) it just dehydrates you more. I have also heard that if you eat something sweet before and after you drink that there is something about the sugar that helps fight hangovers. I hope you feel better soon

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 08:23 am   Permalink

The plop plop fizz fizz stuff helps alot. Also pedialyte from a drug store in the baby food section, this stuff replenishes your electrolites.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 08:58 am   Permalink

If you don't sober up, you don't get a hangover...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 09:32 am   Permalink

There IS a doctor in the house...somewhere.
Where's the Z cure?
Hello, Dr. Z, you have a patient?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 09:43 am   Permalink

I think If I had a choice I would go with the Trader Woody solution, being of British background myself. However, I have just been informed that I have to sit through a casting call of about 100 actors for the afternoon. I don't think watching bad Pacino imitations will be helpful for my situation. If it weren'f for that, popping over to the local irish pub for a pint and some fries would be just the thing!

My only solace is that there are a lot of people around me in worse shape than I am!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 09:48 am   Permalink

for some reason that scene you just described gave me a "Bridget Jones" vibe.

just sharing

ta ra, cheers, j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 10:05 am   Permalink

As sad and pathetic as it may be, my pre-married life could have been inspiration for a "Bridget Jones goes to Canada" novel.

Thnakfully, I no longer get drunk, eat takeout, and sing along to sappy movies in my pyjamas anymore. Well, I do, but nw I have a husband to watch me do it.

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 10:08 am   Permalink

Kon-Hemsby, what is 'Resolve'?

I have not heard of this magic elixir.

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-12-11 10:39 am   Permalink

Man, makes me glad government is too cheap to spring for an X-mas party...

(I guess I'll be forced to do it on my own)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation