FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Need Hangover Help
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Need Hangover Help
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 11:09 am   Permalink

Take one of those OTC heartburn medicines. They are the doctor approved best for the headache. They do something to shink the swelling of the brain lining that's the culprit. Also take Aleve or 2. DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL! It will make it worse! Aspirin will do. Eat chicken.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-11 10:08, tikifish wrote:
Kon-Hemsby, what is 'Resolve'?

I have not heard of this magic elixir.

Yeah, 'cos it's carpet cleaner here in the States.
(Well, couldn't make you feel much worse...)

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-11 11:10, purple jade wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-12-11 10:08, tikifish wrote:
Kon-Hemsby, what is 'Resolve'?

I have not heard of this magic elixir.

Yeah, 'cos it's carpet cleaner here in the States.
(Well, couldn't make you feel much worse...)

umm... Febreeze Spritzer...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 11:31 am   Permalink

Ahem... I see my services have been requested.

I've posted my "World Famous" hangover cure on many a thread here on TC, and have plenty of printed testimonials from actual people to back up it's effectiveness (The Jab, Bamboo Ben and Johnnie Velour come to mind...) For those who have yet to experience its miraculous healing power, here it is:

--3 Vitamin B Super Complex

--3 Lecithin geltabs

--3 plain, coated aspirin

Take before 'retiring' for the night with at least 2 full glasses of water, and you'll be thanking me in the morning, I tell ya!

I use 'Nature Made' brand for the B and lecithin and just standard strength aspirin, all available in big-ass jars at CostCo.

Oh, and if things are a bit, say, BRIGHT DAY-GLOW YELLOW the next morning, don't worry: the B and lecithin are water soluble and you're just eliminating what you don't need...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 1:35 pm   Permalink

Actually, I think I need to clarify something:

To wake up feeling fine, this MUST be taken the night before - sleep is an essential ingredient, because it takes time for the medicine to get through your system. If you pass out and forget to take them and wake up with a hangover of Biblical proportions, you've missed the bus, my friend, and have to wait for the next one. It will still work if you take it the morning after, but you're gonna have to wallow in pain for a few hours...

However, it is an equal-opportunity elixir: I've found it effective on wine, beer, mixed drink and straight alcohol hangovers!

(BTW - I gave out pre-made packets of these to departing guests at my b-day party last summer, 'cause the Good Doctor cares about his friends...)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-12-11 2:42 pm   Permalink

I'll vouch for Doctor Z's Prevention, but I have to reduce to just 1 or 2 pills of the lecithin and Super B to prevent early morning acid-reflux. Also I've found that taking a Super B complex before a night of drinking (preferably with food) helps prevent hangovers.

After the fact, the only thing that really helps is sleep. Hair of the dog doesn't work in most cases; it usually just postpones or prolongs the pain. Small sips of water help rehydrate, but drinking a lot of liquids may worsen the nausea. Spicy foods and drinks with tomato may help. Why? Because the stomach is often paralyzed by the alchohol (which is why that food you ate for dinner the night before sometimes isn't yet digested). The tomato and spicey food "wakes up" your stomach and helps restart digestion.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaneTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 2:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:13 ]

View Profile of DaneTiki Send a personal message to DaneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 4:41 pm   Permalink

Cold pork-chop sandwich on stale white bread and undercooked eggs.

...and a breath mint for after you throw everything up.

Really though - Pineapple or pineapple juice restores your pH balance as well as any food can. Super chilled. If possible, eat a bit of papaya with it to ease any reflux.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 5:23 pm   Permalink

No water on the morning after, drink something carbonated.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 5:44 pm   Permalink

I just discovered a mravellous cure! GREASY CHINESE DELIVERY FOOD!

Sadly, this releif only came after working a looooong day in which i auditioned some of the world's worst actors... I was in the 5th level of hell.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 6:47 pm   Permalink

There is an over the counter pill called: Chaser...website included here: www.doublechaser.com

What I did in my salad days was try to drink at least a large glass of water and ibeaprofin before bed. If that didn't work.. it was off to Jack-in-the-Box in the morning get two "breakfast jacks" (bread, eggs, luecon ham and cheese) and a "ulitma Chease burger, and a large "Surge" (which is not sold here anymore)

or if i was broke:
A big fat greasy cheesey unkle john style egg and hambuger meat omlet. then a nap.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2003-12-11 19:02 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 10:51 pm   Permalink

Chocolate is really good for a hangover, but to get the best absorption of its medicinal properties it must be taken as an enema. So
its a win win situation.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-11 11:04 pm   Permalink

TF,
I'm\We are glad to hear you are feeling back to your beautiful self.
May this thread be posted under, "For Future Fellow TC Luau Adventures\Tiki Crawls. I have already printed this out and submitted it to my medicine cabinet.
Great words of wisdom\experience TCers!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-12 02:19 am   Permalink

Resolve contains- Paracetamol (Painkiller)
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
Citric Acid
Sodium bicarbonate, Potassium bicarbonate, Sodium carbonate (All are antacids)
Glucose, Saccharin sodium, Sucrose (Sugars)
This magic powder rehydrates the body.

Ideal when you don't have time for the fry up.
One of the best things at a rockin weekender is the smell of good greasy fried breakfasts coming from various chalets and cafe's , all catering to the needs of tired and hungover kats and kittens.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-12 8:29 pm   Permalink

No offence, but the last thing you would like to do at a serious hangover is to eat...

And yes, I'm talking about serious drinking

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation