FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » New Years Eve Bash at Purple Orchid
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New Years Eve Bash at Purple Orchid
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-13 6:09 pm   Permalink

Tired of the same old s**t for New Years?

The Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge invites you to a New Years Extravaganza!

Live Rockabilly band "Truly Lover Trio", champagne toast, balloon drop, party hats, noisemakers and snacks for only $5 admission. Special added bonus-YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE NEXT DAY-enjoy your hangover in peace.

Advance ticket purchase will guarantee your admission. Highly recommended as we were packed last year by 9 pm. You can do it in person or by mail, just send the $ and we'll hold tickets for you at the door.

Kiss responsibly, drink like a fish.

We're located at
221 Richmond Sreet
El Segundo, CA 90245
(310) 322-5829

For those who are coming from afar or just don't want to drive home we recommend a night at the

Hacienda Hotel
$69 plus tax
525 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
(310) 615-0015

Hilton Hotel
$99 for the family room, sleeps four!
2100 E. Mariposa
(310) 726-0100

Two words of warning-September Birthdays.

See you there,
Dave and Rebecca

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-13 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-13 18:09, Wersmo Derinc wrote:

Kiss responsibly, drink like a fish.

I love it!

We are soooooooo there!

(I'm glad you posted this - I was beginning to think the rumors weren't true!)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-13 7:34 pm   Permalink

All rumors about me are invariably true whether the events described happened or not.

Dave

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-14 6:56 pm   Permalink

TCers please note: the regular price of admission for this show is $10. TCers get a special discount admission for only $5.

Please remember to mention Tiki Central if you buy advance tickets at the bar or by mail.

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2003-12-14 18:57 ]

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-14 8:17 pm   Permalink

I'm in like Flynn, baby!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-24 1:04 pm   Permalink

It's only a week away...

Who's in??
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-28 1:09 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bird and I will be showing up for some merry-making at the Purple Orchid! Anyone else??

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-12-28 5:32 pm   Permalink

Sabu and Tikibelle will be there!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-01 2:13 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a blast last night was. Big mahalos to Dave & Rebecca for pulling together such a swell shindig. Here's some of my pictures:

Yesterday was Dave's birthday, Happy Birthday, Dave!

UtopianDreem, TikiBird, and their friend

Atomic Cocktail & Doctor Z demonstrate their power to annoy

Steve & Sabuuuuuuu!

Sabu brought a recent postcard purchase to show us, from the Tahiti motel in Wildwood.

The always lovely Vintage Girl

Sabu & Vintage Girl

Tiki Centralites always get deluxe treatment at the Purple Orchid

This dress I made matches the wall hanging Rebecca made in the ladies' room

Z-girl & Doctor Z

Doctor Z gets festive

Vintage Girl dances with a swivel-seated Atomic Cocktail

After the Purple Orchid, we got some food at the Kettle in Manhattan Beach:

Steve, TikiHula & Atomic Cocktail

Atomic Cocktail, Vintage Girl, and Doctor Z's brother Jon

Atomic Cocktail & Vintage Girl

My handbag, with APE chimp

Z-girl & Steve

Steve, TikiHula, Atomic Cocktail & Vintage Girl

Doctor Z & Z-girl

I had a great time hanging out with everyone, as always, and I especially enjoyed meeting UtopianDreem, TikiBird & TikiHula for the first time. You can see the rest of my pictures
here.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-01 5:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the shots.
Looks like a good crew for fun.
Except Dr. Z looks a bit stodgy and reserved.

;-)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-01 7:56 pm   Permalink

Very cool pics. Good to see you all had a great new year gig! Humu. Thats a great Idea on the dress/art. Buy a dress and get art too!!!(chiki, you should get on that one with your sewing skills!) Z and Z Girl looks like they were having a blast. (were you 2 "on" your past?)Sabu, always clean. (I wish I wasn't wasted on the o.c. tiki crawl 3 so I could have seen you wasted!!) Vintage and Atomic. Romance!?! Grabbing ass?? Score! Hey Humu, who is Steve???

Looks like the P.O. is coming along fine and dandy! D & R very cool peeps. Glad you all had a blast! Happy New Year! Yee Haw!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-02 10:12 am   Permalink

It looks like I missed another good one. New Years partys always end up in such a let down because they are built up so much. Looks like you guys did it right though. How was the band? The bar I ended up at had a standard issue cover band. Around twelve thirty I found my self listening to "Margaritaville"..... ugh.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-02 6:31 pm   Permalink

Spike, why didn't you come out to the Purple Orchid?? The band was a lot of fun, there was a lot of dancing (Rebecca took a lot of pictures of people dancing... Dave, post the pics!). I got to dance with Sabu & TikiHula, both of whom are very good dancers and managed to mask my incompetence. I think I danced with someone else, too, but I forget now. It was a good time, the only thing that would have made it better is a special guy to smooch at midnight. Eh, maybe next year.

Ben -- I actually don't know if Steve posts here at TC (Steve, you out there?), he's friends with a bunch of the local TCers and shows up at the events every now and then -- you may have met him at the La Luz event. Or, y'know, not.

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-02 7:44 pm   Permalink

That was a BLAST at the PO the other night. The highlights were meeting and dancing with Humuhumu, and the TeKillYa group shot we all did as the bar closed! (and Michelle, you are a fine dancer!)

I have some really fun pics in my camera, but can't upload them until I get home on Sunday. I'll post 'em then.....

A Happy New Year to all!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 1:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all the Tiki Centralators for partying away the old and partying in the new! It would not have been the same without you.

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-01-04 13:56 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation